Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about Valid Home Address for Banking/Financial Transactions

Options
  • 19-07-2007 12:13pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to open a RaboDirect a/c but I've hit a stumbling block - namely, my address. The problem is that I've been basically using a couple of different addresses for my transactions - namely where I'm renting and my old home address (where I can still easily get mail).

As a result, my passport/bank statements/credit card bills etc. list my old home address whereas utility bills are addressed to where I'm renting. It made sense to me as my old home address is a lot more static than where I could be renting.

Now many financial transactions require multiple proofs of address which I cannot do right now. These include opening a RaboDirect a/c, but are probably not limited to it.

What's the best solution to this? Update my bank a/c address and wait for some transactions? Is there a legal issue having my old home address, it not being my current abode, despite my being able to have easy access to it? Passport will of course also show a different address as it had a ten-year life span but I don't want to get a new one every couple of years.

I'm sure other posts have hit similiar issues, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Your passport shouldn't have an address on it (apart from the one for your next of kin that you can put on it yourself). It's used as proof of identity rather than proof of address.

As for the proof of address, well I'm pretty sure they only required one form when I set up an account - granted that was when they first opened, so things way have changed. I've pretty much used my "home" address for banking transactions despite being resident elsewhere and never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If you have a credit card bill and your bank account then you should not need a utility bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

change address with bank and then order statement off them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 RaboDirect

We are obliged to request proof of identity and proof of address.

Identity: photocopy of current passport or driving licence plus an original bank statement or cheque drawn on your current account.

Address: 2 original bills issued within the last 6 months at your address, ie, credit card statement, bank statement for a loan, savings a/c or mortgage; gas/electricity/phone/cable tv

The account opening wizard on our website walks you through exactly which docs you need to provide.

If you're not sure call our Customer Contact Centre Mon-Fri 8am-8pm and they should be able to sort you out. Getting the docs together can be a bit of a pain but it's worth it!

Advertisement