Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power or Electric Shower

Options
  • 19-07-2007 12:18pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My power shower has decided to die on me,so I am looking for a new one.I am thinking about an electric shower as instant hot water appeals to me,I have never had one so would the power be the same as a power shower...?

Any other pros and cons of each that I should conceder...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

electric showers slow the water flow over heating elements to heat the water. So the flow will never be as strong as a shower where your using stored hot water. This is the same if you have a pumped electric or mains fed electric....so i guess its if you want power or instant heat as a preferance!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

cc wrote:
    so i guess its if you want power or instant heat as a preferance!

Thats what I was thinking,I don't think I could give up the power I have got to used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I could be wrong, but I think there's plumbing implications as well. I know when I moved into my house I was told it was plumbed for a power shower and that I couldn't install an electric shower there are the plumbing would be different. But that could be specific to the way my place was set up.....maybe someone else here might no more. I think it's something to do with the fact that the power shower gets water from your hot tank and the electric shower doesn't :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't do it Dub13.

Stick with the power one. We've both in our house and we never use the electric one. Even if the water's not hot enough I'd wait until it heats before I'd use the electric shower, it sucks in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

electric showers only take in a cold feed directly from the tank in the attic

• Advertisement

Stick with the power one. We've both in our house and we never use the electric one. Even if the water's not hot enough I'd wait until it heats before I'd use the electric shower, it sucks in comparison.

Thanks for that you just made my mind up.Cheers.;)

Any recommendation's on were or what model to buy...?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

GreeBo wrote:
    electric showers only take in a cold feed directly from the tank in the attic

....unless its a mains fed instant electric shower, which takes its feed directly from the mains :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Dub13 wrote:
    Thanks for that you just made my mind up.Cheers.;)

Any recommendation's on were or what model to buy...?

Just checked. We have the 'Triton Aqua Sensation' and I would recommend it.

I will look it up.

Who thinks of these shower names....?

Advertisement