Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

looking for help about the best 2nd hand 4x4 to buy!!

Options
  • 19-07-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭

well folks.
    im in the market for a 1997 to 1998 short whell base commercial to buy, but i dont know what the best one is. what do people generally think about this i really need some help. at the moment i kinda like the mitsubishi pajero short wheel base but i also think the landcruiser isnice too. what are the most ecomical short wheel base jeeps 4x4's around these two years and also what ones are most reliable. it will be takin off road about once a week, the rest of the time it will only see the roads.
    hope ye can help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Go LWB for sure. Go Landcruiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

What are people's opinions on the Isuzu Trooper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

no im definitly buying a short wheel base, i dont need a long wheel base for what i do be at.

Isuzu Trooper is like a tractor inside and they are famously unreliable. People say the 3.1 is better than the 3.0 but I wouldn't touch either.
    stevoman wrote:
    no im definitly buying a short wheel base, i dont need a long wheel base for what i do be at.
    I didn't need the space either. I found the SWB quite giddy even on a short test drive around Clonskeagh and Milltown. Wouldn't fancy taking it anywhere more challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

no i have been warned to stay away from the izuzu so i have and i'l take heed of that advice. i think the pajero swb is the one for me, the landcruiser are a lot more expensive

• Advertisement

The Pajero is a good bus too. Decent money too. I'm biased towards the Landcruiser for obvious reasons.

Advertisement