Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ww

• 19-07-2007 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

Hi all,

Trying to lose a few pounds so just started on weight watchers. Anyone any ideas for lunch and dinners? I can go home for lunch so can cook if needs be!

Got the recipe book but nothing's really jumping out at me....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Lunch:

Make zero pint soup,
    use a spray or two of fry-lite, chuck in your veggies of choice(look up the book as to what values they are, but most are zero, carrots, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, leeks, celery, mushrooms etc), sweat in the pot until almost cooked, and add a good amount of water with a veggie/chicken stock cube. Great thing about this is you can eat as much as you want! Herbs and spices
    are a great help for flavour and aroma too if you want to make it more interesting.
    Total points: 0 :)
    (Of course you could always add a slice of bread if you're super hungry.)
    Chuck in a flask if you're on the run, keeps perfect.

A salad will never fail you,
    A tin of tuna in brine is only one WW point, hurrah! Add to that any kind of salad veggies you like, lettuce, baby spinach, grated carrot, cucumber, tomato, onion, peppers etc. Use a fat free dressing(most are zero points) and you're away!
    Total points: 1
    If on the move, a tupperware container should keep it pretty fresh.

Will post up some dinner suggestions when I get a chance.

Hope this was of some help, I've found WW very good myself, best of luck to you! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 TScul

another WW fan here.

Again for this time of year salads are great (even if the weather isn't).
    2 pts of pasta (40g dried weight) cooked, mixed with a cooked small chicken breast (weigh this and calc pts according to book) - poached or grilled/roasted - and any amount of no pt salad and no pt salad dressing, WW or Tesco healthy living.

You could use cooked salmon or a tin of tuna but I find it's the addition of the pasta/rice/baby potatoes that bulks it and fills you up. Chicken is 2.5 pts for a breast, 165g, but I find that many of the supermarket breasts in Ireland are only around 100 - 120g so would be 1.5 - 2 pts. 2 for chick and 2 for pasta is only 4 pts. Add some grated low fat cheddar if you want or paremsan for extra flavour. A little goes a long way.

The zero pt soup is great too but if you want to make it more filling add rice/pasta/chicken and point accordingly.

With everything the most important thing is that you enjoy it. Let's face it chances are you're a food lover of you wouldn't need to lose weight in teh first place, so you need to still love what you eat. I find flavouring is everything. If your soup/sauce/salad is bland then spice it up. Lemon pepper is great with fish, chicken, salads. Chilli, curry powders add lost of flavour as do herbs and good old salt and pepper.

Eggs are great too. Scrambled or omelettes are great cos you can leave out a yolk or two and the 1.5 pts are all in the yolk. So maybe for 1 person you could have 3 eggs, but only 2 yolks. I usually only use 2 eggs for 1 person but this way you get to eat more for the same pts.

Failing all the home cooking, if you're near a Tesco or M&S look at the Healthy Living and Count on Us ranges. I'm not a huge fan of the WW ready meals, think they're too small and too expensive. But the Tesco ones all have the WW pts on them which is great and there's a good choice. However M&S is the king of ready meals, absolutely fab and most between 5.5 and 6.5 pts. Cajun chicken fettucine, shanghai beef noodles.... mmmm.

Handy snacks if you have a microwave nearby are the small tins of beans and WW spaghetti (only 1.5 and really fill the gap).

Main advice is to go to the shops with your calculator and look at the pts of everything you usually buy and then compare with the alternatives. You may be surprised by what you discover. Some regular stuff isn't all that bad, e.g. as far as I know regular rich tea are the same pts as low fat rich tea.
    And a lot of the WW stuff is only ok tasting and is quite pricey.

But cooking your own food and planning ahead is the key to success. You can have wahtever you want as long as you plan for it!

Now good luck and hopefully it'll work for you like it did for me.

Advertisement