Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie question

Options
  • 19-07-2007 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

hey guys, just wanted to get a little advice. I have very little knowledge/information on banking or investments but due to unfortunate circumstances, I have received an inheritance and have no clue what to do with it. I received about 100,000 but I don't want to be stupid about it and waste it as I don't really consider it mine as somebody else had to work hard to make that. I'd like to find out a few options for the meantime where I can put it until I decide what's best for it ie which bank accounts etc.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Go into your bank and ask to speak to an advisor there - that is your first step..

While the advice they will give you will be biased, you will find out any legal things you may need, or any things you can do to minimise tax, max return etc etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MortgageBrkr

Hi,

You could refer to askaboutmoney.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Pm me? :D
    seriously get a financial advisor, check the internet for options like stocks and shares although i wouldnt advice diving into to investments without advice. search for the best rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

In the short term while you are deciding where to invest or spend this lump sum - the best place to put it is Northern Rock's online account paying 4.5% interest.
    You may need to put it into your current bank (assuming you have one) and then write a cheque to open a Northern Rock account.
    Their website gives you all the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 rubastar

Pm me? :D

Sure, send me a photo and I'll think about it! :p

thanks for the advice guys, will check those out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement