Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good site for storing files

Options
  • 19-07-2007 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this thread, but i guess people with broadband would find sites like this useful too. has anyone used one of those hosting sites where you can store files? have a look at this previous thread:

http://tinyurl.com/2myzfx

I used to use one years ago, but it went belly up (complete with all files on it, luckily they were only backups). I recently started using savefile.com, but it is so ridiculously slow it is un-useable. now rather than try out every one on the list above, does anyone use a site like this that they find fast enough, and is free (I dont mind ads and all that, just no charges)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You really don't want to use free unless it is part of your ISP package (in which case you paid already).

Proper hosting is not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

well i was looking for something free so i could use it as an area to dump files i might want my mates etc to have access to (I could then just tell them the username & password). sendspace seems OK but doesn't have an option to create directories to organise your files (not that I can see anyway) so i was wondering has anyone out there comes across something equivalent that works well.

I dont mind ads etc really so long as it works fast and well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Did you ever try www.box.net ?

Advertisement