Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modulus 11

Options
  • 19-07-2007 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am trying to calculate a check digit from a number using mod 11.
    I am pretty new to all this so please be gentle.
    Is there an app that can do it?I tried the formula I was given and it doesnt seem to be working out.
    Cheers.
    Sham

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

show us your code!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

I regularly use this site for Mod 11 calculations. Its excellent. It will show you everything you need to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Post the formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Tried google and got different results, as I said i am new to this.

I basically multiplied the number (starting with the last digit) by 2,3,4,5,6,7,2,3,4....... added the results and then divided by 11 and subtracted the remainder from 11?
    The number i am trying to check is 7095994.
    Thanks for the replies, (even the smart ones)

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Ok, that seems a bit unclear.

How us how you'd do that number (7095994) by hand... and it might give us a better idea of what you're trying to do.

(Out of curiosity, is it just to get the remainder of a number when you divide it by 11?)

Aoife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

What problems are you having?

Do you think you understand it, but are getting a wrong result?

Do you need the algorithm explained?

Here's a good start I found whilst browsing that very helpful site linked above.

Advertisement