Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving NTHell,no landline - options?

Options
  • 19-07-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭

For reasons I don’t want to go into cos it’ll just make me angry and make the red mist descend just like it does every time I have to think about NTL’s supposed ‘customer support’, I’ve finally, after many threats, gotten so p1ssed with them that I am finally going to cancel my NTL 6MB (yeh right!) broadband package. I’ll be cancelling my digital TV package with them too, and would take my cable TV to another company if it suited.

I’ve stayed with them till now cos my setup at home – no landline, and the location of the NTL points I added during renovations suits the layout of the LAN I installed, is ideal for cable broadband...if it’s a good product that is.

I’d prefer not to get a landline, but I guess I’ll consider if necessary, but what broadband packages would most suit my setup considering I’m based in Dublin 12, do a moderate, but not huge, amount of web surfing, youtubing and downloading, and would prefer not to have a landline? Any advice to help me take my hard-earned cash away from the undeserving hands of NTL/UPC is much appreciated.

Advertisement