Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing the pump on washing machine.

Options
  • 19-07-2007 2:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Fagor washing machine which has topped working and refuses to empty,i suspect thepump is blocked.I removed the front panel and unscrewed the plastic bit at the front but i cant see anything caught inside.I noticed two small nuts each side of the pump,do i need to remove the whole thing or should i suspect something else is wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭juanveron45

maybe it doesn't like your personality

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

maybe it doesn't like your personality
    Banned for a week for unhelpful comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

Degsy wrote:
    I have a Fagor washing machine which has topped working and refuses to empty,i suspect thepump is blocked.I removed the front panel and unscrewed the plastic bit at the front but i cant see anything caught inside.I noticed two small nuts each side of the pump,do i need to remove the whole thing or should i suspect something else is wrong?

when u say its stopped,is there a power light coming on ? if you have opened the filter and let the water out the machine should still be able to fill up again -if it cant its a different prob -try it and post back

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

knighted wrote:
    when u say its stopped,is there a power light coming on ? if you have opened the filter and let the water out the machine should still be able to fill up again -if it cant its a different prob -try it and post back

As Knighted said, need a bit more information. Does the maching have power?
    Is it making sound trying to empty?
    Does it have a filter? If so, check and clean this.
    Check the waste pipe to ensure it's not kinked/bent.

What model Fagor machine? May be able to find manual online....

Advertisement