Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 BB and Vista

Options
  • 19-07-2007 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Are there o2 Broadband drivers and software out there for MS Vista now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

When I got it, they said they only had on CD in the shop with Vista drivers so you'd have to bring your laptop in if you have Vista. Didn't bother me as I have XP.

Ask in your nearest O2 shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

These are not official drivers as issued by O2 but they do work.

There is no need for step 3 but if you do just setup a new profile and keep defaults except for the APN. Set it to open.internet and you are up and running.

http://www.mobileconnected.co.uk/2007/05/25/usb-modem-huawei-e220-on-vista-take-2/

Cal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Thanks! Would those drivers work also for the Three and Vodafone mobile broadband, since they all use the same Huawei USB modem?

Yes.

The only difference with each network is the SIM & the APN. Otherwise everything is the same.

Cal.

I just tried to install the patch to be able to update firmware on a Vista machine. The patch app just says "applying patch, please wait" but nothing has happened after ten minutes.

Should I have the mobile connect app running while I run the patch? Or should it not be installed at all until the patch and the firmware update is done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

flodis79 wrote:
    Thanks! Would those drivers work also for the Three and Vodafone mobile broadband, since they all use the same Huawei USB modem?

For using Vodafone BB on Vista; its the modem firmware that needs to be upgraded.

http://www.business.vodafone.com/site/bus/public/enuk/support/10_productsupport/general/microsoft/vista/30_modem/p_modem.jsp

It does work!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

anybody have that usb broadband from o2 and if so,is it any good?

flodis79 wrote:
    I just tried to install the patch to be able to update firmware on a Vista machine. The patch app just says "applying patch, please wait" but nothing has happened after ten minutes.

Should I have the mobile connect app running while I run the patch? Or should it not be installed at all until the patch and the firmware update is done?

Check your device manager for a faulty USB driver installed (It will have a yellow triangle error beside it). Right click on it and select 'Update driver software...'. Let it automatically install driver. Then you should be able to run the vista update.

Cal

Cal: Got it working eventually! Thanks for all help.

However, it seems that the firmware in the USB is already updated to the new version, with support for Vista, so no real need to upgrade the firmware?

I had a strange problem, that when I changed the USB port, the modem didnt work there; instead the Huawei connection type changed to a dialup fax modem connection, not the mobile connect one.. I had to uninstall and reinstall, and now I am not going to use the modem in any other port than the one I used the first time, when it worked.. Gosh, Vista is a big problematic - or is it just me...

Yes it does create a new 'Dial Up Connection' for each new install and each USB port used loads the drivers again. Yup! Vista does put you through your paces. But the freedom of the mobile BB is great.

I've used it on a good few XP PC's and it works really well at doing the autorun install.

Cal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement