Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metro phone problem

Options
  • 19-07-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hi I have metro installed
    Broadband part id fine
    I have 2 phones a bogstandard wired phone and a dect set
    When i have the standard only plugged in works perfect.
    When i have dect installed neither ring. calls can be made out but nothing rings when people trying to ring in
    Digiweb reckon the base unit is to close to the thomson box
    I dunno I have it about 2 meters away??

Antone having issues with the phone end of metro?

Cheers
    Dec

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Is it a UK DECT phone? If so you need the UK to Irish adapter plug from Argos that has a ringing capacitor in it. The "not ringing" is classic problem of phones for BT UK network without the adaptor. Replacing the UK cable with one with and Irish plug at both ends doesn't work. You have to have the UK cable and the PROPER UK /Irish adaptor (there are ones that are just wired, and have no capacitor in it, they don't work) .

Also make sure the phone cable has only the two middle wires (red & green usually). If you can't get a two core cable then you can carefully snip the two outer edges of phone cable (yellow & Black usually). If this is the problem, the phone lights flash. If both phone lights are steady, then this is not a problem.

Does DECT ring if it is the only phone?

Even 30cm is fine for distance. With mine CLOSE beside ANY other electronics I get a slight buzz. About 12" / 30cm is fine even less is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Thanks a mill Watty

I had a regular cable on it
    It did come with an UK adaptor. (BT branded phone)
    After about 30 mins search i found the adaptor and old UK cable put it in and it worked perfect
    :D:D:D

Advertisement