Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best nightclubs in Midlands

Options
  • 19-07-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering what ya would recommend as the best nightclubs in the midlands for a bit of a laugh, and dancing round the handbags type stuff!!!:D . Im from the Tullamore area and am getting sick of going to the same 2 places, ie: The Core (in the bridge house)and Soda (in Loughreys), so if ya have any suggestions.....................

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

I've set up a website for that very thing:

http://www.ratemypub.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

Thanks Garycocs, thats mainly pubs? i was sorta looking into the nightclub end of it all.....but i like the website all the same!!! some of my favourite pubs have got fairly good ratings!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

I remember when, on a Saturday night, Tullamore had 5 nightclubs going (Stringfellows, now The Core, at the Bridge House, Wiseguys/Spiders, The Double Deck/Characters, The Rugby Club, The Harriers, and then there was even Koos, and Cellars). Now, there are as you say only 2 (The Core and Soda), plus the Harriers for the 16 to 20 year olds. It's funny how Tullamore has grown, yet the number of clubs decreased.

Hey offaly1, what is it you're finding boring about the 2 in Tullamore? The music? Decor? Or just the classical same ole, same ole? In terms of any good nightclubs in the midlands, I don't think there are any (and that's coming from a DJ that gigs in a few of them).

Seanie.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

its not that i find any of them particularly boring, its just that i feel i need a change of scenery! although i must admit, i don't frequent the bridge house all that much especially on saturdays, and thats because its full of the 16-20 year olds!! i feel a bit on the old side in there...

Seanie, seriously, the harriers for 16-20 year olds............its more like the 12-16years olds, and after that they try and hit the bridge house!!!!

Loughreys, i like, but im just gettin sick of tullamore.......so I'd like to be a bit adventureous, and try other places, somewhere thats not too far away so we could drive.....! Go somewhere different where ya can have the craic and no one knows ya!:rolleyes:

Advertisement