Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB in Navan?

Options
  • 19-07-2007 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a good BB provider around Navan area please.
    A mate of mine is looking for wireless solution as the phone line means he has to feed the beast (Eircom).

Any help appreciated folks.
    Thanking you kindly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 penfold944

layke wrote:
    Hi folks,

Can anyone recommend a good BB provider around Navan area please.
    A mate of mine is looking for wireless solution as the phone line means he has to feed the beast (Eircom).

Any help appreciated folks.
    Thanking you kindly.

Hi Layke ( now theres a name from the past, dont let my few postings fool ya ! )...

Had Eircom in Navan years ago - and hate to say it was very reliable....

Modesty forbids me from mentioning a particular supplier over another, so how about this for neutrality...

http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/MajorProjects/Broadband/BroadbandInternetServiceProviders/

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

Digiweb and Irish Broadband are the two best bets for wireless BB in Navan. Don't know which is most reliable out there, but IBB's breeze is unlimited which would be a major plus for me. Both have their highsite in same place so if you can't get one you won't get the other.

I believe ICE also cover Navan but they have been gaining a bad reputation of late.

Net1 also cover parts of the town with their wireless offering, i've heard that they provide a good product that works well and is reliable but have given up hope of getting it as despite 2 weeks of trying i could not get them to answer my calls or e-mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭gingerGiant

Digiweb and Irish Broadband are the two best bets for wireless BB in Navan. Don't know which is most reliable out there, but IBB's breeze is unlimited which would be a major plus for me. Both have their highsite in same place so if you can't get one you won't get the other.

I believe ICE also cover Navan but they have been gaining a bad reputation of late.

Net1 also cover parts of the town with their wireless offering, i've heard that they provide a good product that works well and is reliable but have given up hope of getting it as despite 2 weeks of trying i could not get them to answer my calls or e-mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 penfold944

Well thats why I used the link - as if I were to recommend the company I would recommend, I'd be seen as biased ;)

Your comments about Net1 are not unusual - my g/f has coverage in Bellewstown and gave up trying to get in Net1 after almost a year of trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ouldscratch

Irish Broadband definately have coverage in Navan. I think that they are the only company who offer symectrical download and upload speed (both the same speed). They have 2mb and 3mb speed with, as mentioned above, unlimited downloads. Feedback about the service seems pretty good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement