Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone forget to feed the Hamsters ?

Options
  • 19-07-2007 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭

Been getting constant timeouts and very slow loading since just before lunch ! Don't know if it's just me or boards !
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Me too it seems. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yep.
    Since about 12.30.

Having trouble with the Edit button too.
    Using www

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Buckling here as well *tries to hold it together*

edit: Terry, regi changed it so it doesn't matter what you use before boards.ie (pie, etc) doesn't work anymore as far as I know.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I was having the same problems. I turned noscript on again for boards and it's helped somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was having the same problems. I turned noscript on again for boards and it's helped somewhat.

Just switched off javascript and its flying now (opera 8.54).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

mike65 wrote:
    Just switched off javascript and its flying now (opera 8.54).

Mike.

Yeah, I don't know why, but completely banning script execution seems to have fixed the crawl here too.

How do I do that (firefox 1.5)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

seems to be back working normally for me in last few mins after being unusable since lunchtime..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Tools > Options > Content > Uncheck "Enable Javascript".

This will effect your ability to use drop down menus, Quick Reply, etc.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

One of the webnodes is having problems so I have pulled it out of the load balancer pool for the moment. There is something else causing the DB timeouts that we will have to look into.

I'm on a friends pc at the moment and things have started to work better.
    I don't know if it's because of my piece of crap or because of what Asok did, but it seems back to normal.
    Probably mostly the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Terry wrote:
    How do I do that (firefox 1.5)

There is also an add on for Firefox called No Script that can quickly disable Javascript on a per site basis.

I accidently formatted my main HDD a couple of days ago (the others I have are the same make and I was drunk) and I lost almost everything (pr0n and music were kept seperate).
    I actually did have NoScript, but haven't gotten around to reinstalling it.
    Thanks anyway.
    I'll sort it when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sorry bout the last drop for a minute just there, Was just doing some work on the lb config. Thats the last of it for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Asok says whoops?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Same as my first post (worse actually) ! This is my first successful login since about 10 am, a bit of a pain as I'm supposed to be looking after the bar in BG&RH !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement