Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T-Shirt Design - Designers Needed

Options
  • 19-07-2007 4:57pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys.

I'm planning to open an online shop selling T-Shirts using www.cafepress.com - I have plenty of ideas for what i want, but graphic design is not my forte, so I need the help of others.

This is not a corporate thing, i won't be making loads of money out of it, I'm just using it to promote my website. I'm looking for people to help me out. I'm not looking for anything complicated - here is an example of the type of thing I'm after.

I was thinking of hosting a competiton. I give you a list of ideas, and you are free to come up with your own, and the person who gives me the most good graphics wins the price. Do you think this would be a good idea?

Would anyone be interested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

If you're planning to use all the good entries and only give a prize to one then you won't find many takers (unless it's an amazing prize).

If you're only going to use the one that wins then you might get more interest.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Hmm, yeah thats kinda what I was thinking...

Any ideas of how I could get best results and still attract lots of entries?

I was thinking of €100 for a prize - this is not a corporate thing, its out of my own pocket.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Hey Zascar,

I've looked into setting up something similar. Didn't bother in the end as the cost to get the shirts printed (from an oline shop like cafepress) was too dear resulting high resale prices.

Not sure how keen folks would be on pay €35+ for a teeshirt off the net?

Best of luck anyway, I'd defo do a few designs for you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Cheers Erin. T-Shirts on my shop are between $15-$20 - most of the visitors from my website are from the USA so perhaps I'll get some orders from there.

I was thinking of also starting one with Spreadshirt (I got a free upgrade to a premium account as I host with Blacknight). They are cheaper for Europeans etc so I might offer both and see how it pans out... Once I have a decent abmount of designs the rest is easy. At the moment I've been trying myself witha few ideas, just finding some funky fonts and basic clipart, but I know someone with experience could make it look so much more professional that I could.

Any assistance would be really appreciated - I've got a couple of people to help out as they like the idea and its a fun project.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

€100? are you sure you can afford to offer that much... god, you'd have to sell three whole shirts to cover the cost of that :rolleyes:

here's a free design for you:
    860148320_cd83c69d4f_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Not sure how keen folks would be on pay €35+ for a teeshirt off the net?

there is no reason for it to be anywhere near that expensive.

also if you are going to be selling peopls designs you should at least offer them a cut of the profits......50c or a euro per tshirt sold that way you dont only have one designers merchandise and your not exploiting(as much) anyone

Minikin, there's no need to be a pr1ck about it. I have had several decent people offer to help me out. If you're not intersted, then don't reply. As I said the aim of this is not no make money. I've already had several offers from genuine people who just want to be sound and lend a hand.

www.cafepress.com/digital_dj - all t-shirts are $12-$20 - and all but two are done by me. I have put a 10% markup on there, that's all. If a designer wants to talk about a cut of the profits I am completely open to it. If I get a good one he can have ALL the profits. I'm not in this for the money - I can't exactly see myself making millions out of it... Its just a little project to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

you'll go far zascar

Advertisement