Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a crashed car

Options
  • 19-07-2007 6:35pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Was looking at a car the other day that was orginally crashed and sold on as crashed. This car has since been repaired, the damage I am told was to the bumper and the passanger side funny felling the car ended up in a ditch but not sure.

Anyways if I was interested is there any documentation that I can request to get more info on what was damaged and if the car has been fully repaired would it be an option. The dealer has agreed to sell the car with six months full warrenty.

Thanks
    Leigh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

You shpuld be getting roughly 30% off the 'book value' of the car. Also have a qualified mechanic give the car a thorough going over before you even think about buying it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Ireland has no record whatsoever of vehicles that have been written off or crash repaired. When we get a government in place that has a clue and is not run by gombeens things might change :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

why buy a crashed car, there are oodles of cars out there........

also, you should do something about your sig, im from the sig police.;)

Advertisement