Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evga or xfx?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gloopy

I'm not familiar with either company's mobo's to be honest, but I know a growing number are steering clear of XFX video cards because their after sales service is supposed to be so dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

they are both nivida referece boards.go with evga as it would have better bios.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Gloopy wrote:
    I know a growing number are steering clear of XFX video cards because their after sales service is supposed to be so dire.

Interesting. I've had 3 XFX cards in a row now (current card is an XFX 8800GTS). I've never had a seconds trouble with them. Are there any threads on here relating to this apparantly poor after sales service?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

do eVGA still offer their lifetime warrenty on their mobos? I've heard some Americans talk about it before, don't know if it applies over here or not. I own that 680i-A1 mobo myself and 2 eVGA 8800GTX's, but I haven't bought a first hand piece of hardware from them so I can't comment on their sales service, lol.

This board is decent enough, with maybe a few niggling layout issues. Personally i'd recommend the eVGA 680i as the latest revisions (i.e. A1) and BIOS are good for overclocking quad cores, it should also support penryn when it comes out with another BIOS update. Be warned though that the NB runs REALLY hot. If you are not planning on going SLI, then steer clear of the Nvidia chipset, go for P35 or another intel chipset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Gloopy

Khannie wrote:
    Interesting. I've had 3 XFX cards in a row now (current card is an XFX 8800GTS). I've never had a seconds trouble with them. Are there any threads on here relating to this apparantly poor after sales service?

The comment wasn't regarding the products themselves (which I assume are fine as they're more or less the same NVidia reference cards and boards), but customer care. If you haven't had any issues with the cards, you're not likely to have problems with XFX support.

Anyway, I found several threads over at OCUK's forums complaining about them. OCUK themselves no longer stock XFX products because of their RMA support. Don't know if I'm allowed to link to there(?), but have a search for yourself. Could be all BS, but when spending that kind of money, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement