Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ibiza 2007

• 19-07-2007 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Dunno where the other thread went to i started a few months is gone ago but anyway lets keep this on the main page.

So who has been there so far this year,and who is going and when?People who have been tell us the clubs you went to, DJ's seen, big tunes,photos/video's,general madness,etc.

Ill be going from 14th Sept to 21st when the closing party's are on so cant fuc*ing waait, a week of madness, have a pretty good idea on what nites ill be going to already thanks to Ibiza Spotlight Party Calendar.

:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

I'll just miss you, I'll be there 'till 8th. Have absolutely no idea what to expect, so would be interested in hearing peoples suggestions also.

Hoping to find some nice little clubs what do play things deep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Pity bout that man would've been cool to have a meet up, im looking at going to the following.:cool:

Great you can plan your nites out thanks to Ibiza Spotlight's party calendar and buy tickets in advance for some clubs.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_september_i.htm

Friday 14th - Either Manumission or Pure Pacha

Saturday 15th - Hed Kandi at El Divino

Sunday 16th - We Love Space (AM & PM) at Space

Monday 17th- Milk n 2 Sugars @ El Divino or Dusted closing party at Eden

Tuesday 18th - Defected in the house at Pacha

Wednesday 19th - Maybe a nite off to recuperate :D

Thursday 20th - Renaissance closing party at Pacha

Friday - home:(

Liable to change of course but that's the plan anyway, sounds deadly:cool:

beans wrote:
    I'll just miss you, I'll be there 'till 8th. Have absolutely no idea what to expect, so would be interested in hearing peoples suggestions also.

Hoping to find some nice little clubs what do play things deep :)
    you going with a travel agent mate or doing it yourself?

We flew into Valencia last year and stayed there for a day or two then flew to Ibiza, flight is only 25 mins, booked a hotel through the Ibiza Spotlight website, going with Budget Travel this year as it's cheaper, hopefully staying in Figueras,close to Space and close enough to Ibiza Town.

Friend of mine is getting married on the island, only reason I would go really. I'm afraid the Uncovered series of my youth has poisoned my preconceptions of the place. I'm sure I'll love it :)

As for what's on, I browsed the Spotlight and there's a couple of good things on - thanks for the link.

beans wrote:
    Friend of mine is getting married on the island, only reason I would go really. I'm afraid the Uncovered series of my youth has poisoned my preconceptions of the place. I'm sure I'll love it :)

As for what's on, I browsed the Spotlight and there's a couple of good things on - thanks for the link.

It's a top place but the price of drink in the clubs is outrageous but asides from that, i really enjoyed it last year.

• Advertisement

Guess who booked up today :D flying Belfast to Ibiza in September,bring it on.:cool:

Just over 5 weeks to go.........:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 sideshow187

I was there from the 13th Jult to the 20th
    Only my second time there, had an amazing time week!

Carl Cox in Space on tuesday was prob the best night, 2 many dj's were on as well on Sunday and they rocked the place but it was a bit weird hearing "Lithium" by Nirvana on the terrace but they know how to get a crowd going.

Biggest load of arse was Eddie Halliwell @ cream. I was there for the closing party last September and it was the best night of my life, could not get over how good halliwell was. i remembered his bosh cd that mixmag gave out but nothing prepared me for his live set. This year he lost the plot though, he seems to have an ego problem. Dropping the volume out of a tune so the crowd can go "eddie eddie eddie". It just got anoying after a while. his usual bag of tricks just seems stale at this stage in my opinion.

That "domino" tune by oxio was getting hammered everywhere. So was "i thought that" by the migrants. Quality tunes all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

just back from 2 weeks of madness, my 6th trip. Was there from 20th July to 3rd Aug, what can I say, the place gets better and better if its possible, but i think that has to do with becoming more familiar with the place. Stayed in Figueretes

Done We Love Sunday x 2
    Carl Cox x 2
    Cocoon x 1
    Subliminal x 1
    Meganite x 1

Carl Cox's night in Space is definitely the best of the lot, been in some of the best clubs in the world but this takes some beating for atmosphere, absolutely mindblowing, Jeff Mills at We love Space on Sunday was another massive highlight.

Done the obligatory 1 night on the piss in that **** hole San An, it was actually a laugh but those reps get on your tits after a while

Lost my Camera, Lost my Phone, wallet, half my clothes and my mind but I do it all over again in the morning

fair play folks sounds like a deadly time any photos and video's to share?

More madness in Ibiza after the closure of DC10, Amnesia and Bora Bora earlier on in the summer now this, id lose the head if i turned up @ Manumission and found out it wasn't on!!!:eek:

http://www.clubtickets.com/news/2007/08/07/manumisson-what-s-going-on-.jsp

• Advertisement

Just got my ticket for http://www.mn2s.com/ibiza/

:cool:

5 days to go you beauty:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

jonny68 wrote:
    More madness in Ibiza after the closure of DC10, Amnesia and Bora Bora earlier on in the summer now this, id lose the head if i turned up @ Manumission and found out it wasn't on!!!:eek:

Was there 3rd august till the 10th, That happened us went to manumission arrived only to be told it wasn't on.. Other than that i had a good week ran outta money which kinda ruined everything for me, and missed carl cox at space which i was really looking forward to...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

****in savage, as expected really....

accomodation:
    7 of us went, stayed in the ZODIAC. kip. rat infested, i **** u not. i only seen one but with my girly fear of rats and or mice that was enough for me. my mates seen three chasing after each other. we were on the ground floor, **** buzz. our view was a bush. but that was the only real complaint. we partyed in the other rooms anyway and had feic all sleep. location wise they werent great. especailly when u go with girls who moan about sore feet, albeit after 3/4 days in fairness to them. food was muck, rest of the people were ALL from ireland and ur typical spa's so we didnt really hang around there too much

clubswise:
    went to EDEN 2 or 3 times. never imagined we'd even go once but u cant plan ur holiday over there. it was free in the nites we went apart from the gatecrasher closing nite. scott bond finished, he was a laugh, dave pearce should be forced into retirement. jesus he hammered the final nail in the coffin as far as me and trance are concerned. hands in the air, female vocal 3 minute breaks BOLLIX. it was cringe worthy to say the least. the funky room was animal. dermot c, alex ellinger and danny were rockin.
    EL DIVINO for hed kandi. absolute ****e. the most arrogant crowd under the one roof i've ever seen. the cheesiest house music and over crowded. €45 in we left after about 30 minutes. i can not warn away from this nite enough.
    SPACE for sasha, howells, and zabielia....WOW...wat a ****ing nite. sasha was rocking and i wouldnt have been one of his biggest fans before. sapce is such a good club. the size of it is just unreal. bit hot, only real complaint.
    BORA BORA...still probably my favourite place on earth. seen a lot more police this year, random searches, just turning up randomly as well. well...3 times in total! heard one of my favourite tunes from about 6/7 years ago as well, nomé gusta old house tune. goosbump material, one of the first records i ever bought.
    AMNESIA...PVD, gareth wyn + Steve Angello on the terrace. steve angello is a legend, played a savage set and was just rockin from start to finish. we went into pvd at about 6 for the last hour and first 20 mins were good then he went onto all this stuff i just cant appreciate. female vocals big breaks hands in the air tripe. not my scene. miss devine was on after steve angello, she was good at the start. savage club. got under the ice cannon for 2 of its...explosions i suppose u'd call it. mental. was ****in freezin after it. best air con in any club i've ever been. as never too hot anywhere. and best sound system as well.
    PACHA for eric morillo. i love pacha, proabably my favourite club on the island, even the island of earth. big fan of eric morillo so that helps. he was savage, i have seen him better but only once or twice. remixing tunes during his set and playing remixes i'll probably never hear again. it was the subliminal 10 year birthday party so all in all was a really good nite.
    CAFE MAMBO savage...eating my dinner, eric prydz playing behind me. where would u get it?!

persian rugs:
    not on this site ;)

highlights of the holiday:
    hearing pavorotti's Nessun Dorma just as the sun sets on the day he died, on the sunset strip at cafe mambo. it'd bring a tear to a glass eye.
    hearing nomé gusta on bora bora
    being on bora bora
    being there in general
    not having to go to the hospital once

going for two weeks next year defo, six times not out ;)

HAHA deadly review Tack, fu*k me im glad im not staying in that rat infested "Hotel" you stayed in mate :eek: im actually gonna give Hed Kandi a miss as ive heard the crowd are arrogant posers, mostly Italians as well ive heard :rolleyes: sounds like you had a deadly time anyway, go on tell us about the persian rugs;)

Cant wait to go to Space this Sunday what about this for a line up
    :D:D:D

From 08:00
    We Love Space (a.m. + p.m.)
    Groove Armada
    Tiefschwarz
    Craig Richards
    James Zabiela
    Ralph Lawson
    Dan Ghenacia
    Nic Fanciulli
    Serge Santiago
    Buckley
    Kissy Sell Out
    Tom Novy
    Jason Bye
    David Phillips
    Elio Riso
    Jon Sa Trinxa
    Bones
    Alex Woolfenden
    Alfredo
    Andy Carroll
    David Moreno
    Dj Mikki
    Jonathan Ulysses
    Juan Gomez
    Juan Ribas
    Oscar Cano
    Oscar Colorado
    Reche
    Riton
    Scott Martin
    Smokin' Jo
    Susso

Price: 55 €

Was staying across the rd from Space, managed to get in for just two nights, Carl Cox with Josh Wink & Norman Cook last tuesday (highlight of the week for me) and then the Tresor night on Friday which was hard and German.

Bora Bora was good fun, we were there most days.

I really enjoyed Ibiza, my expectations were way off!

Ice nearly killed a friend of mine, easy now.

beans wrote:
    Was staying across the rd from Space, managed to get in for just two nights, Carl Cox with Josh Wink & Norman Cook last tuesday (highlight of the week for me) and then the Tresor night on Friday which was hard and German.

Bora Bora was good fun, we were there most days.

I really enjoyed Ibiza, my expectations were way off!

Ice nearly killed a friend of mine, easy now.

can you explain mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

Hi guys,

1st post, woo!

anyway, heading over to Ibiza on sat and have booked tickets for Space on Sunday and Amnesia on Thurs, just going to play it by ear for the rest..

As I'm arriving late Sat night (on my own from Germany, meeting mates from England - yes I'm Irish) I'm not sure whether to go out to one of the big clubs on the Sat night - does anyone recommend any good places to go?

Also for We Love Sundays @ Space, what is the best time to go there? I don't want to miss Groove Armada, so is there any place I can get my hands on a timetable? Is it better to go there early (i.e 8am) , mid-afternoon (I know if you go in before 4pm you can get 1 x pass-out) , or night?

We plan to carry on to DC10 on Monday morning but are hoping to be in a decent state for Coccoon on Monday night - would this be advisable, or should we just get some kip 1st after space and spend the afternoon at DC10? i.e when is the best time to go to DC10? How much is it into DC10?

Cheers,

Rob

ps - 3 days woo! :D

Rob,hows things mate, ill be Space on Sunday myself :D best time to go is early afternoon for a few hours then home for a disco nap, then back to Space for 10pm, i hear Groove Armada usually come on about midnight.

Won't be going to DC10 myself as i don't like minimal,it's abut €35 into DC10, you'll be lucky if your in any state to go to Cocoon after being there all day especially after Space on Sunday,ill be going to MN2S @ El Divino on the Monday nite.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BruceGinge

I'm new to this board as well. Found it looking for info on Ibiza and dj's in general. I have spent the last few days reading the Asylum thread, What a thread..!

Anyway going to Ibiza for my mates stag on Friday for a week. Can't wait and hope it is as good as they say it is. I haven't been out proper clubbing in years and in too minds about dabbling for old time sake.

• Advertisement

jonny68 wrote:
    can you explain mate?

Just a nights over-indulgence. No hospitals involved, but the guy was seriously fúcked for a few days. Not pretty.

Point was that it's not your sunday-afternoon jimbaroo over there, and even if you're 'used to it' the pure m that's over there can do damage. Just a public health warning so to speak.

beans wrote:
    Just a nights over-indulgence. No hospitals involved, but the guy was seriously fúcked for a few days. Not pretty.

Point was that it's not your sunday-afternoon jimbaroo over there, and even if you're 'used to it' the pure m that's over there can do damage. Just a public health warning so to speak.

is it MDMA Crystal your talking about mate?

The best drug of them all and really the only one id be interested in to be honest
    (asides from good sniff which is impossible to get here,maybe over there?)

anyway off tomorrow see you all when i get back with my report.:D

BruceGinge wrote:
    I'm new to this board as well. Found it looking for info on Ibiza and dj's in general. I have spent the last few days reading the Asylum thread, What a thread..!

Anyway going to Ibiza for my mates stag on Friday for a week. Can't wait and hope it is as good as they say it is. I haven't been out proper clubbing in years and in too minds about dabbling for old time sake.

you'll have a great time mate trust me, look me up over there, there's a big meetup happening on Monday 17th sept @ the Pink Panther bar in San Antonio bay @ 7.30pm,basically all these people from all over the world about 40 expected are meeting up in this bar so im going along with my mates,should be some craic,everyone going clubbing later.:cool:

jonny68 wrote:
    is it MDMA Crystal your talking about mate?

anyway off tomorrow see you all when i get back with my report.:D

Indeed. Just be careful. Enjoy.

Oh, and there's no such thing as good cocaine, is a myth perpetrated by the elitist Zionist ruling classes that watch our every move through the digital clocks on our microwa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I am so jealous :mad: have a great time guys and have a few for me :D

good sneachta? in ireland, once or twice. in ibiza, 3 or 4 times.

the best ever...and i mean ever...this year in ibiza. still have yer mans number ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Havent been since 2001:( I think i will head over for the closing parties next yr....I know a couple of djs over there now.I will ask for them to post here when they get back.

Just back this morning after a week of carnage,one of the best holidays ever despite some people in the group we went with being immature (and older lads who should know better) and getting so wasted they lost the plot :rolleyes: think ill stick to just going with close mates in future, anyway September for the closing party's is the best time to go for sure,took loads of photos and video's, head is up my ar*e here after a week hitting it hard,gonna take a long time to recover (not to mention being completely broke) review to follow with video's

May as well start the review here, ill upload the video's i took over the next few days.

Friday - Arrived 3am Friday nite/Saturday morning so too late to go anywhere so we just went to Murphy's Irish bar in Playa d'en Bossa and had some beers.

Saturday- Was gonna go to Hed Kandi but had heard some bad reports about it being overcrowded and a snotty crowd and most of the people i was with were hardly what you would call fashion conscious anyway (some may say scruffy cun*s:rolleyes: ) anyway after a few beers in San Antonio and picking up some supplies we went to Eden closing party, Tall Paul and the Trophy Twins were playing amongst others, id heard bad reports about Eden being overrun by English chavs and not being nice but they were not true from what i seen there weren't too many undesirables at all and Eden is a cracking club.

Music was electro and pumping house with some club classics thrown in for good measure, Tall Paul played an excellent set, some pumping tunes, and all quite underground stuff as well asides from some classics, the Trophy Twins were also excellent, im not sure who was on last but whoever it was rocked the place, ended about 7am,great first nite.

Sunday - Got up around 12.30, shower and straight to http://www.welove-music.com/welove-space-sundays-2007/
    i had a ticked booked in advance, walked in and the terrace was already rocking, was still feeling a bit spaced from the nite before so went to the roof terrace and chilled for a while,some chilled out music perfect in the afternoon sun, inside Space they were playing tech house but the place was almost empty as most people were on the terrace,you cant beat dancing on the terrace @ Space in the afternoon with the sun shining,sweet,anyway left about 7pm and went back to Hotel,tried to sleep unsuccessfully, got up,went back about 11.30pm, place was packed at this time (too many Italian posers in Space and in general in Ibiza)Groove Armada came on just before midnight and played a brilliant DJ set, i like the way they don't stick to one style of music and mix it all up, the crowd loved it and the atmosphere was brilliant,they really did rock the place, the heat was too much but by a certain time you just thought fu*k it and got on with it,James Zabiela played a good set as did Ralph Lawson, Craig Richards was awful playing that boring minimal judging by the small crowd present in that room it's clear that not alot of people like it which is totally understandable,asides from that WLS @ Space was brilliant and just what i expected it to be but it takes it out out you after a marathon session like that,Space is some club though,something else.

Monday - http://www.mn2s.com/
    closing party @ El Divino and as expected it was a fantastic nite,the finest in funky house music to a cool crowd who were well up for it,club was full without it being seriously overcrowded, vibe was very good with no undesirables there thankfully,CJ Mackintosh was on first and he was brilliant, ive always been a fan of his,and unlike other DJ's who jump on whatever the latest dance music trend is CJ has always remainded true to his House Music roots, sublime mixing with some cutting edge funky and vocal house,next up Luciana from Bodyrox came on for a live PA and she was superb,got the crowd really going.

Fedde Le Grande came on next and i was looking forward to hearing him for the first time as id heard he was good and indeed he played a slightly harder set (more electro stuff)but have to say well impressed and not a put your hands up for Detroit to be heard which was good,left a bit before the end as things were getting a little hazy after mucho consumption of various things :D but as expected MN2S again done the business,top nite out and El Divino despite it being smaller than the other clubs is really nice and the view from the terrace is beautiful,and gotta mention the dancers who were top class.

ill finish the review in the next day or two,brain is still not working properly here.:o ;)

• Advertisement

continued

Tuesday - Lots on this nite with Danny Tenaglia @ Space and Defected In The House @ Pacha but people i was with wanted to go to Armada @ Amnesia. it wouldn't have been my first choice at at all as im not into Today's Trance that much but have to say it was an excellent nite,dunno who was on before Armin Van Burren who was headlining but they were very good playing a good hard Techno/Trance set.

Armin himself started off good but started to go terribly cheesy although the crowd didn't seem to mind it's not my cup of tea at all,too many gay vocals for my liking,i went off to the other arena where Mr C was playing a storming Hard spacey type Techno set,really weird type stuff but banging and not cheesy,overall it was a good nite,Amnesia really is a beautiful club nd the dancers are the best ive seen anywhere and the lazer is amazing,just a pity about the music going too cheesy but still a good nite.

Wednesday - Took a much needed nite off and went for a meal wioth a bird in Ibiza town,was tempted to go clubbing but didn't

Thursday - Went to Renaissance Closing Party @ Pacha,id been looking forward to this as i really like Pacha.

Hernan Cattaneo was headlining and id not seen him before and was looking forward to seeing him but he was a massive disappointment playing boring chin stroking progressive house that was going nowhere,i went walkabout and all the other arenas were really good but the main arena where Hernan Cattaneo was playing wasn't good atmosphere at all.

The Retro room where Paul Taylor was playing was easily the best, amazingly enough there was hardly any old skool played in this room despite it being called retro (lots of old skool last year) but how and ever the music was fantastic, pumping uplifting house with pianos and some electro thrown in for good measure,atmosphere was brilliant everyone was well up for it,had an absolute ball i have to say,spent some time in some other other arenas (not the main arena which was devoid of atmosphere due to the boring music) the highlight was on the roof terrace,absolutely beautiful terrace,about 5am the DJ played http://www.discogs.com/release/2554 and i swear my life flashed before me, i was as high as a kite and just had one of those mad moments where everything seemed so surreal but so good,madness,the rest of the nite was spent going from room to room dancing and talking to complete strangers, even the last hour the main room was good,we were the blast to leave, i actually could've stayed in Pacha all day i was having such a buzz:D

Friday - We were flying back to Belfast late that nite so no clubbing,just went up to watch the sunset which sadly didn't happen as it was overcast.

Overall it was a brilliant holiday with some amazing nites out, Reanaissance @ Pacha being the best (the retro room) music wise id also say retro room @ Pacha was the best with MN2S @ El Divino being a close second.

Spent an absolute fortune and am broke now for ages and it'll take me some time to recover but delighted i went and ill definitely go back next year,hopefully for 2 weeks this time.

Video's to follow.

Mate your not the John I was chatting to in Space on the 17th by any chance are you? In the chill out area on the roof?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

what a report jonny68! Thanks for posting. I've never been to Ibiza and my heart aches when I read your report...am I too old at 30 to think of going there seriously?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

what a report jonny68! Thanks for posting. I've never been to Ibiza and my heart aches when I read your report...am I too old at 30 to think of going there seriously?? :D
    jesus man, I'm 30 and had my 6th trip this year, and I'll be having my 7th one next when I'm 31!

elambra wrote:
    Mate your not the John I was chatting to in Space on the 17th by any chance are you? In the chill out area on the roof?

it's well possible mate i was talking to a lot of people in Space (as you do:D )who were you with, i might remember?

• Advertisement

Never too old man, im a lot older than you :o and i only went for the first time last year after years of talking about it and im delighted i did,get yourself over there next summer you wont regret it.;)

I was with an English mate (who's dark skinned), and you said you knew a guy called Darragh from where I'm from (Clontarf), and you said you were from Stepaside? it was about 04:45-05:00am

For some reason Ive got a great memory when I go out!

jonny68 wrote:
    Never too old man, im a lot older than you :o and i only went for the first time last year after years of talking about it and im delighted i did,get yourself over there next summer you wont regret it.;)

Actually if your older than 30 than it's prob not you cos u said u went to school with a guy I know and he's 27/28

But who know's, I was wandering about the place talking to randomers so I prob did say hello! savage club, Groove Armada rocked

;) No wasn't me mate im living in Smithfield although could've bumped into each other, my memory isn't too great after big nites out especially on holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

great vids, Eric Morillo looked savage.

looks can be decieving...

he was better then savage ;)

Good video's mate almost as good as mine :D (joke) Pacha is some club isn't it, im in love with that roof terrace id happily stay there all nite listening to that sun drenched house music looking at the stunning mots walk by

(as i sit here on another boring Monday in work and reflect :o )

Advertisement