Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Monitor

Options
  • 19-07-2007 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this is the correct board but I'm looking to buy a new monitor. 20" or 22" LCD is what I'm thinking. I've never bought an LCD before so I'm a little hesitant to just buy one. What brands are good/bad? Any particular models I should look at? My price range is around E200 or there abouts, under E300 anyway.

Any help at all would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=327183
    i have this one.i find it good for gaming and tv/dvds.
    lol i bought a few weeks ago and no complaints plus it was lol 20e cheaper then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I was looking at that myself, seems pretty good. Is there much ghosting in games?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

afaik stay away from those lcds they are mena ghost very bad.

get a 22" samsung or LG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

yea samsung, my last two monitors have been samsung, great monitors!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bretttp1

My vote is for Samsung aswell :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Samsung or LG generally can't go wrong, the LG is the better of the two equal to Samsungs newer 226 line but not in stock. However you can get it on OcUK if you want it. Calibrated colour profile for the LG is also available for optimal picture quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Cheers lads, I think I'll go with the Samsung :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

8T8 wrote:
    ...the LG is the better of the two ...Calibrated colour profile for the LG is also available for optimal picture quality.

8T8 so glad you mentioned the LG, mine just shipped from OCUK this morning. What would I do with that .icm you posted the link to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

If on XP download and install Windows Colour Control plugin it will show up as a new entry in the Windows control panel. After that if you have installed the display INF then it will come with it's own ICM file so all you do is load in your profile and set it as the default profile for the display and your set.

They above control panel is built into Windows Vista so no need to install it beforehand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement