Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband phonewatch

Options
  • 19-07-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

hi i have broadband in the house and now im getting eircom phonewatch im told i need a broadband splitter anyone know were i might get a cheap one in dublin thanks ps its 60 from eircom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

You don't need a splitter as such. This thread might explain things better.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭karl75

ive checked that so is this the right thing i need it has 2 sockets one says adsl and the other says phone and it has a short lead comming out of back to plug into phone socket thanks

this is a pic of it

karl75 wrote:
    ive checked that so is this the right thing i need it has 2 sockets one says adsl and the other says phone and it has a short lead comming out of back to plug into phone socket thanks
    That's a microfilter. It splits the signal alright but it does something else very important too. It blocks the higher frequencies on the phone output and the lower ones on the DSL output to prevent interference between the two.

You can buy one most places. Maplin has one here [make sure it's RJ 11, as in the link, and not BT].

EDIT: what a tight-fisted crowd that won't even provide one considering you'll be paying through the nose for their service.

cheers mate il get it there thanks for the help oh and one other thing i need an xtra contact for a upstairs window again 60 off eircom would maplin do one aswell

• Advertisement

karl75 wrote:
    cheers mate il get it there thanks for the help oh and one other thing i need an xtra contact for a upstairs window again 60 off eircom would maplin do one aswell
    They do. Depending on what exactly you require, this, this, this, this or this may be suitable.

cheers thanks for all the help

You're welcome :)

Advertisement