Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets talk survival

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

''I'm like that too, only I'm very much to the left, ie. I'm for doing drugs like LSD and MDMA, which are viewed as unacceptable by society, whereas you seem very much to the right.''

Yeah that would be correct. As much as I hate drugs and alcohol(for what they do) I like when people have passionate ideas.

My opinion of young people(who resort to drink) being empty is a gross generalisation I admit, but please tell me why kids drink. They drink from where I see it, to fit in with the clique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

My opinion of young people(who resort to drink) being empty is a gross generalisation I admit, but please tell me why kids drink. They drink from where I see it, to fit in with the clique.
    Not really, that's a common misconception, a bit like the whole "gateway drug" theory re: Marajuana.

Many may try their first drink when they are underage because their friends do it, but after that it's entirely because they like it and have fun with it.

You should really move away from the "all recreational drugs are bad and cause massive health problems and permanent damage" mindset, because every drug is different, and used in moderation, most don't do huge harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

drugs do more harm than good.
    i could very easily go off on a rant but i wont cos who needs that!

*belle* wrote:
    drugs do more harm than good.
    i could very easily go off on a rant but i wont cos who needs that!
    Alcohol, which is consistantly rated more dangerous than MDMA, weed, LSD, Magic Mushrooms etc., is enjoyed by the vast majority of people with major health problems only affecting a few(and those few are the ones who don't drink in any way responsibly and go way over the top).

So unless you're talking about Heroin or Coke addiction, I can't see what your point is. Your use of the term "drugs" is far too casual and general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Cigarettes are more damaging than weed apparently, yet they're sold in every shop. This goverment sucks, it's contradiction after contradiction after contradiction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Despite saying in yesterdays papers that smoking joint is as bad as smoking 5 cigarettes at once.

Yeah, thats my contribution:rolleyes:. Guess its drug talk here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Not to mention the fact that the strength of weed sold is believed to be increasing significantly. Not to mention the addition of stuff like glass to it.

Mushy wrote:
    Despite saying in yesterdays papers that smoking joint is as bad as smoking 5 cigarettes at once.
    lol, firstly, that's not conclusively true. A lot of the stuff they write in papers is bad science. And secondly, even if it were true, the average pot smoker might have one, maybe 2 joints a week, a light smoker would have 5 cigs a day. What's worse?

In any case, you can vapouise marajuana and eliminate all the bad effects of smoking, so it's irrelevant really.

Advertisement