Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend GFX card for new build

Options
  • 20-07-2007 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Folks,
    On my first build - have Intel C2D E4300, Gigabyte GA 965P DS3, 1Gb DDR2 PC2-5300... have Samsung T166 500Gb on the way, and now need gfx card + case + psu...

GFX - I dont game much so dont want to spend more than €100 - but still want to be able to play COD, Half Life etc... Am completely confused on which card - too many specs etc...Would prefer to purchase by cc from irl sites...

Any advice welcome...

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Well if you can stretch your budget and absolute best buy would be an X1950Pro for €139 which is a steal & miles better than anything else in that price range for example the closest mid-range part to that is the 8600GTS which sells at the €200+ price point.

If you simply cannot go over budget then the next best is the X1650XT which you can get for under €100 including delivery at OcUK. Komplett have a 7600GT which offers the same performance but not quite as good IQ going for €102 not counting delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Case + PSU

Antec Sonata II
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=311799

130 Euro. Good quality case with a good quality 450W PSU.
    (450 watts will be more than plenty for what you have)

You will pay more buying a crap case and a crap PSU separately.

Best bang for the buck on a tight budget.

And def go for the X1950 pro unless you can find a X1950XT 256mb for under 200 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HarryH99

Cheers folks...
    Think I'll plump for the X1650XT - can upgrade if issues...

Also the case suggestion looks good - same on dabs for €94.12...

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=3SPW&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=Antec+Sonata+II&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement