Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weekends Eircom League action (Jul 20-23)

• 20-07-2007 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Premier Division

Friday July 20th
    Galway United vs Bray Wanderers - Terryland Park 7:45pm (Home)
    Waterford United vs Sligo Rovers - RSC 7:45pm (Draw)
    Saturday July 21st
    Bohemians vs Derry City - Dalymount Park 7:00pm (Home)
    Longford Town vs UCD - Flancare Park 7:30pm (Away)
    Sunday July 22nd
    Cork City vs Drogheda United - Turners Cross 3.00pm (Home)
    Monday July 23rd
    Shamrock Rovers vs St. Patrick's Athletic - Tolka Park 8:00pm (live on Setanta Sports) (Away)

First Division

Friday July 20th
    Limerick 37 vs Athlone Town - Jackman Park 7:45pm (Home)
    Finn Harps vs Shelbourne - Finn Park 8:00pm (Draw)
    Saturday July 21st
    Wexford Youths vs Cobh Ramblers - Wexford Football Complex 6:30pm (Away)
    Kildare County vs Monaghan United - Station Road 7:30pm (Draw)
    Kilkenny City vs Dundalk - Buckley Park 7:30pm (Away)

looking forward to Shels 2nd win of their 20 game winning streak to steal the title from Dundalk! :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Cant see LTFC vs UCD going ahead tbh if the rain that has fallen keeps up for the next few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Some crackers there.

I think Galway will finally see a home win this weekend.

Can't wait for the Drogheda match on Sunday. It will be like the old days with the Sunday kick off. Sure to be a big crowd and hopefully if things go to plan we will make a big statement of our league ambitions.

Rovers vs Pats.....Flip a coin.

Derry looked back to themselves on Wednesday and the fight is back on the dog and I can see them get a result at Dalymount.

Longford, despite their plight are probably more open than they have ever been under Matthews and I think they can beat college.

Finn Harps to beat Shels too;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

A lot of injury problems for Galway tonight, but it could be a forst home win of the season. We're getting great crowds despite our poor run at home though.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shels one down, and a man down too. Mark Leech gets a second yellow for kicking the ball away :rolleyes:

galwayrush wrote:
    A lot of injury problems for Galway tonight, but it could be a forst home win of the season. We're getting great crowds despite our poor run at home though.:cool:

Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Results

Galway United 0 Bray Wanderers 1
    Waterford United 1 Sligo Rovers 2

Limerick 37 4 Athlone Town 1
    Finn Harps 1 Shelbourne 0

i nearly choked on my cornflakes this morning after hearing Shels' Mark Leech got sent off for a second yellow after 30 minutes for smacking the ball away after being caught offside, ****ing idiot :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

i nearly choked on my cornflakes this morning after hearing Shels' Mark Leech got sent off for a second yellow after 30 minutes for smacking the ball away after being caught offside, ****ing idiot :mad: :mad:

The lad has a serious attitude problem and he is bloody brain dead, hopefully for him his talent will outweight this in the future. If not he could end up out of the EL completely

redzerdrog wrote:
    The lad has a serious attitude problem and he is bloody brain dead, hopefully for him his talent will outweight this in the future. If not he could end up out of the EL completely
    He is a smashing player alright, he could be a top Premier Division striker if he wanted to be, but as you said he's completely brain dead at times and is a very lazy player off the ball. I have no doubt his talent is the only reason he hasn't been sent back to Drogs, Keely has released too many of our clowns this season and the last thing we want is to start releasing players who actually have talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

roy o'donovan starts in what could be his last game, before his impending move to fulham..

leon mcsweeny starts in place of liam kearney who's injured..

fancy us to beat the drogs today, 2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Draw would be nice.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

roy didnt start after all, he was named on the team sheet, but replaced in the 11 by cillian lordan.

still scoreless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Finished nil all. Drogs are a disgrace. I know they came to do a job, but they didnt even try to win the game except for one shot in injury time. Negative horrible side. Stuey Byrne , a player I once respected is a thug and why he was not booked Ill never know. Consistent fouling and all.

2 points dropped by City no doubt. Behan missed a sitter which had we scored, we would have gotten another few as Drogs would have actually had to try and play then.

The ref was about the most inept man I have ever seen. To both teams. Whelan I think it was. Idiot.

Don't remember being so frustrated leaving the Cross before.

For the league leaders to come to Cork and play the way they did and use all the timewasting tactics they used was a disgrace.:mad: Doolin can't be allowed to win the league playing football like that.

Its not like we were playing Longford or some other part time team. This was the league leaders of our country and they had no interest in playing at all.

Referee was a ****ing joke too. All the niggling sh1te went unpunished. Ref you give a player 1 warning and if he reoffends you give him a ****ing card!!!!!!!:mad:

3 minutes of injury time. how about 7/8 ya ****ing uselass ****ers. AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Don't remember being so frustrated leaving the Cross before.

For the league leaders to come to Cork and play the way they did and use all the timewasting tactics they used was a disgrace.:mad: Doolin can't be allowed to win the league playing football like that.

Its not like we were playing Longford or some other part time team. This was the league leaders of our country and they had no interest in playing at all.

Referee was a ****ing joke too. All the niggling sh1te went unpunished. Ref you give a player 1 warning and if he reoffends you give him a ****ing card!!!!!!!:mad:

3 minutes of injury time. how about 7/8 ya ****ing uselass ****ers. AAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Gotta love football :)

Big game for us tonight, must win so do roverss so 0-0 to keep with the weekends excitment.

kdjac

Left it very late to beat UCD, but thankfully not to late. A much needed three points, need to try pick something up now against Bray on Friday and hope waherfur slip up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Great result for drogs yesterday was very very happy after the traveling midweek and teams not having a great results after europe i was very happy to take a point. cork are going to struggle big time without roy i just cant see were the goals are going to come from.

big match tonight think it will be a draw match.

bah!

great game but felt we should have scored in the 2nd half, they also should of scored in 1st but they have Rowe up front :eek: Murphys save if he was english would be better than Banks.

Great game we earned a point but could have got all 3, same goes for them.

Well done drogs.

kdjac

redzerdrog wrote:
    Great result for drogs yesterday was very very happy after the traveling midweek and teams not having a great results after europe i was very happy to take a point. cork are going to struggle big time without roy i just cant see were the goals are going to come from.

big match tonight think it will be a draw match.

At least we will attempt to score goals!!!!!

I get the feeling that if results go against Drogheda the fans will turn on Doolin for not capitalizing on his resources.

Can we have Brian Shelley please? We'll give you Sean Kelly.;)

pretty decent match between Rovers/Pats for a nil nil, Rovers improved dramatically after their match against UCD, looked the better side last night, they may just well prove me wrong and finish top 3 if they can play like that until the end of the season. Pat's new signings don't look anything special but I still think there is enough ability there to challenge until the end of the season. Either way, with the title between Drogs, Pats, Rovers, Bohs and Cork, an average team will win the league this season.... bring back Shels! :D

Soon as Gibson and Keane get fully fit reckon we could go a run as they play some nice ball just lack of fitness really showing.

Our left side is fuggered maybe now paisley is injured Rogers will go left sided CB and Frost go wingback, Rogers is not a wingback as it involves running and sometimes passing the ball and sometimes even going into the other teams half.

Joey somfin will play some part on friday vs Cork him keane and gibson could be a smashing midfield as Kirby and Fats are wrecked from the early season games and need a rest.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Who was your number 8? Thought he had a decent game, especially 2nd half. Think Pats just about deserved the win last night.

Do Rovers supporters take requests?

Id love to hear "True" by Spandau Ballet, they seem to be a band yee like:D

Advertisement