Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August Comic Jam!

Options
  • 20-07-2007 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

After some discussion with ztoical in another thread I've been left organising the next Comic Jam, so this is what I've decided. Objectors be damned!

We're heading back to The Duke pub on Duke St, Dublin since it worked out pretty well last time. Should start around 8 - 8:30, and in true ztoical tradition I'll be bringing along any comics and items of interest I come across between now and then. Your job is to bring pens, papers whatever you want to draw with or talk about. Oh and you need to decide is the 4th August ok? Thumb pointed out it was the bank holiday weekend so if it doesn't suit we can do the 18th?

As usual all are welcome!! Whether you intend to draw or simply want to talk comics and enjoy the alcohol loving atmosphere you'll meet a reasonably friendly bunch and see many a picture of flying penises (I'm trusting you with this Kyle!)

The last couple of jams were pretty successful if anyone can actually remember them, so come along and see it as training for 24 Hour Comic Day. You know the bar is nearer this year so time to brush up on those drinking and drawing skills!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

the Shades wrote:
    see it as training for 24 Hour Comic Day. You know the bar is nearer this year so time to brush up on those drinking and drawing skills!

I love how your all fixating on the being near the bar thing.

Either weekend suits me, lets hear what others say.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

is the fourth a saturday? i think im supposed to be hitting the pale for the bank holiday weekend anyway. if im not the other weekend wouldb e grand, but im only coming to dubln one weekend in august.

Tree wrote:
    is the fourth a saturday? i think im supposed to be hitting the pale for the bank holiday weekend anyway. if im not the other weekend wouldb e grand, but im only coming to dubln one weekend in august.

yep the 4th is a saturday - are you hitting the pale that weekend for something else thou?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

someone might be organising a bbq or somehting but i dont know if thats gonna be the sunday or hte saturday. prolly the sunday. so if its that w/e all is good

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭the Shades

I DARE them to try and have it the same day as my so far unsuccessful comic jam! I guess thumb agreed to come so at least I won't be sitting there like a total loser. How do you do it ztoical?

• Advertisement

the Shades wrote:
    How do you do it ztoical?

being stubborn and thick headed helps!

I'll be there so it won't be just you and miss ninja. So is it the weekend of the 4th or the 18th?

the fourth would suit me best, any bbq that might go ahead weather permitting would be on the sunday.

It's now officially the 4th :D Damn anyone who tries to argue adn you have a whole extra day of weekend to recover!

When: August 4th from 8pm
    Where: The Duke pub, Duke St., Dublin (probably upstairs)
    Why: Because you love it!

Ok so far I think I've roped in some newbies for the Jam and John Hendrix has agreed to put in a notice about with the weekly shipping list from the 3rd place. So yay! Free advertising. Thanks John!

Be there or miss out on boozy naughtiness... All we need now is a table of Americans.

noooooooooo no more amreicanas, cliodhna is not allowed to buy them shots either'

• Advertisement

Shades pour vous
    jamposterweb.jpg

And tree cliodhna didn't buy the shots, Shades did, cliodhna just forced them to drink them :p

It was a co-consipracy on the shots, team effort etc. The only annoying thing was the Americans ran away after and didn't continue to party! Light weights :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Cant make this weekend I'm afraid, I'm being forced on pain of pain to go drinking for my flatmate's birthday. I'm afraid you'll simply need to make up the excuses for inserting penii into the comics without me.

On the plus side, this reduces the likelihood of your group featuring any horrendous shirts and bad haircuts by about 4000%...

sleep space for teh tree would be handy too if noone objects

Not sure how things will be with the moving... although a trip out to Sutton would be easy enough so I'm sure sleep space would be possible :D We always sort something out lol

Tree wrote:
    sleep space for teh tree would be handy too if noone objects

I'm crashing at my place just off smithfield [my brother has been living there since I've been working on this film] and your welcome to crash to.

Also anyone who lives on the kilkenny/carlow/dublin route and wants a lift PM me, will be heading to dublin round 12 on sat and back round the same time on sun.

Ooh ztoical looks like were sort of neighbours lol

whats parking like round there? or will i just dump the car at the red cow and hope for the best?

Tree wrote:
    whats parking like round there? or will i just dump the car at the red cow and hope for the best?

I'm prob going to leave my car at the red cow......what time you heading up might c u there :D

dunno yet, have to see if anyone's coming. trying to convince miss shelly that it would be fun

• Advertisement

coolio well I'll be hitting dublin round 2.30ish got some comic and art supply shopping to do and then will prob head to the duke for 7ish. alot ish there :D

miss shelly is working, i wont be up as early as 2.30 so i'll cathc ya in the pub

My flatmate is planning for a weekend away so plenty of room at my place for people to crash, just can't guarantee things like blankets lol We're just moving in ;)

right heading up to dublin in about 20mins.....once ipod charges so i can scream along to trashy eurovision tracks and scrare other drivers off the roads.......I'm going to try and get the poster printed up A3 and put it near the table in the pub so people can spot us......if i don't get time to print it just look for the fat girl wearing the green MoCCA shirt, unless someone shows up and spills bear all over me again *cough*tree*cough*and i'm forced to change [or alternative look for the people with paper and pencils in front of them;)]

Yup I'll probably be wearing some kind of superhero or perhaps Happy Tree Friends t-shirt. I would bring my lovely sexy Pulphope book tonight but it's heavy :p

Advertisement