Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista: how do you remove this menu?

• 20-07-2007 4:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to remove that annoying Vista Explorer menu where it says "Organize, Views, Properties,...."?
    windowsclassicbeta2xh5.th.jpg

This guy did it somehow...
    009xt9.th.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

That looks like a photoshop mock up for a skin to me that or he is running Windows XP using a custom skin (via Windowblinds) & not Windows Vista.

What you can do is go into control panel\personalization\theme & select Windows Classic from the list.

Now click in explorer on the organize button and then on folder and search options and on the first tab tick the box for "Use Windows Classic Folders" this wont get rid of the tasks bar but it will neutralize it's colour band so it blends into the generic gray of the Windows classic look.

As for removing it not sure the only certain way I know of would be to get a copy of Windowsblinds and find a Windows 2K/XP classic skin on Wincustomize & apply skin on Vista.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

yeah that skin is windowblinds skin for xp...

its a vista theme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks guys!

I wonder who was the genious that suggested to make that bar unremovable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

i would say you probably can remove it through the registry but the fact that your only on a beta 2 eval copy i wouldn't worry too much about it...

Its been upgraded a little in the full release so it becomes a little more handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

i would say you probably can remove it through the registry but the fact that your only on a beta 2 eval copy i wouldn't worry too much about it...

Its been upgraded a little in the full release so it becomes a little more handy.
    True. All betas will be fully expired next month anyway so you won't have to look at it for much longer. It's less noticeable when you use the default theme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

thats not windows blinds or a theme on xp.
    only vista can make the interactive part of the window see through.
    window blinds just does the borders.

see here:
    http://www.crystalxp.net/news/img/35.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It's rather unlikely you could remove it through the registry as the Vista UI uses a more advanced version of the msstyle format the basis for Luna the XP theme but so far all I've heard is that through some messy hacking you can bend Aero to your will but it is beyond general uses for the time being.

Not only that but updates from Windows Update will undo any modifications you make if the files are being patched to correct bug/security vulnerability etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

That's not my screenshot, I googled both.

But from what I heard it's the same for the full version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

subway wrote:
    thats not windows blinds or a theme on xp.
    only vista can make the interactive part of the window see through.
    window blinds just does the borders.

see here:
    http://www.crystalxp.net/news/img/35.jpg

he is running styleXP you can see the icon on his systray (the six bubbles in a circle), that allows transparent windows, but tis buggy as hell, so they will come and go

Advertisement