Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip piercing problem

Options
  • 20-07-2007 4:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey there, I only just signed up to ask this and came straight to this section from Google, so apologies if I'm breaking the rules or doing something wrong.

Anyway, I've had a labret lip piercing for maybe six months now, maybe slightly longer. It's in the center below my lower lip, just a regular stud. I had no problems with healing, was never painful (still isn't), and so on. But just now I've looked at my inside lip in the mirror for the first time in maybe a month, and my lip has in fact grown entirely over the flat metal thing on that side. It looks and feels the same as the tissue around it, except its white. Pushing my piercing in just stretches my lip back (doesn't hurt), and I can't even see the flat metal disc.

What should I do? Push harder? Cut it? See a doctor/piercing guy?

Help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Easy answer: go see local piercer
    They will most likely force it through. I had the same problem myself. You could also try take half a panadol and let it dissolve on the effected area, should wear it down a bit to push it through.

Dont attempt to cut it open please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ressad

You could also try take half a panadol and let it dissolve on the effected area, should wear it down a bit to push it through.

Thanks, guess I'll try that. I'd rather avoid paying however much a piercer would charge me.

Edit: I can't seem to push it far enough to break fully through - I can see a bit of the disc, and it presses up heaps, but not enough. Anyone know anything else that could weaken it? It's really tough rubbery stuff that stretches rather than breaks open or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

piercer shouldnt charge you man, if you are intent on not going just keep dissolving the panadol on it. or give it an almighty push

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

just go to a piercer.they wont charge and it would be best to get their opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Ressad

Went to a piercer today, got it fixed. I definitely couldn't have done it myself. Thanks all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement