Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defaulting Alarm Panel

Options
  • 20-07-2007 7:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have a HKC 812 alarm panel and im trying to figure out how to default it when the 'engineer code lock' is on. Obviously the standard defaulting wont work but ive been told that shorting JP1 and JP3 on the PCB will work. Im not prepared to do this until someone else can confirm for me as JP3 is from the transformer and i may blow the PCB?
    Any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It can be done by shorting certain legs on the memory chip.
    But I am not prepared to post how to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Finneganjp

Hi Koolkid,
    I understand why you wouldnt post it on a public forum, but could you not PM me the details. Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

PMs can be read on forums as well..
    This information shows a way to dis arm any system in under a minute.
    If your are in or near dublin I will do it for you.

Unfortunally Im down south in the Real Capital.
    You could always emial me (finneganjp@hotmail.com).

I'd rather not disclose it at all TBH...
    But any good engineer would be able to do it for you.

• Advertisement

Ok, Fair enough. If I knew an Engineer I would be asking him/her and not enquiring here. Its for a panel I have set up on a board so im not willing to pay money. I have rang the HKC technical number and they have told me that the only way to default the panel is to send it back to them!!

If you were in dublin I wasn't going to be charging you. Its not about money, There is only one way to bypass a system & I feel it would be irresponsible of me to devulge how that is done. Hope you understand. If you want to send the panel to me I will also do it for free.

No problem koolkid, I understand. Its more for information purposes than necessity. I just wanted to confirm if I was right before I try what Im thinking and Blow the Panel.

Advertisement