Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer session - 28th of July

Options
  • 20-07-2007 8:29am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As adam mentioned in the cake thread, we should go for beers. The 28th of July was mentioned so I figure we'll roll with that.

And in case anyone needs a reason for these things, we can treat it as a warm-up to finally getting JohnK blind drunk and kicking him onto the plane that'll take him to Oz.

(also possibly as the warm-up to getting rid of me when I disappear off too, though I'd prefer less kicking please)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Sounds good but I'm not sure if I'll be away that weekend yet. Might just be getting up ridiculously early to drive to dublin........

*reads the cake thread

A chance to drink beer in front of Adam when Adam can't drink himself. Now I really want to go!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Ooohhh, that'll be my next weekend off and I will soooo be in the mood for teh beers!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

But.... but..... I can't have beer!

I think you should all go out and drink water, in honour of my 35th!

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Adam, why can't you have beer?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

my guess would be either diet or antibiotics or setting a good example for someone

i should prolly be around for one or two i suppose.

• Advertisement

Fysh wrote:
    Adam, why can't you have beer?
    Attention span of a gnat. :rolleyes:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53601502&postcount=13

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

And yet again, a boards beer is organised, and I'm gigging. Bastids!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:

Ah bog off, like anyone here would read your blog even if they could keep track of all the god-awful pun-based domain names you've registered over the years :P

Mental note : ensure beers involves only pubs with the mankiest possible toilets. Unfortunately, this may mean going to the Brog...

It's not a blog. It couldn't be, since I'm a blogopho.be. Christ you're thick!

dahamsta wrote:
    It's not a blog. It couldn't be, since I'm a blogopho.be. Christ you're thick!

Mmmm...the irony, it is delicious! (Not as much as cake and beer though :P)

• Advertisement

Mmmmmm, cake....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Fysh wrote:
    Mental note : ensure beers involves only pubs with the mankiest possible toilets..
    That can only be the Hi-B

Illkillya wrote:
    That can only be the Hi-B

A quality pub, but you're right, the toilets make some pigsties look hygienic...

Fysh wrote:
    Mental note : ensure beers involves only pubs with the mankiest possible toilets. Unfortunately, this may mean going to the Brog...

You're not allowed to go to the Bróg. :p That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Count me in but less of the kicking please!!!

I'm supposed to go to see Kevin McAleer in the Savoy on Saturday before I hook up with you lot, is anyone else up for it? Not sure whether to book tickets or now.

Alternative suggestions welcome. Since I can't drink, just shouting at ye won't be enough. ;)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Damn, I'd love to join you guys for this but I'm busy. Another time!

So... when and where people?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

given that i origiannly thought the 28th was today i didnt realise i had plans for the same night already, therefore i will be at a friend's bday dinner and girly drinkies. might pop by if someone texts me their position.

I'm going to Mizen Head for the day, so if ye're out ye'd want to send me a text too. If I get back as far as Cloyne I ain't going back to town!

adam

• Advertisement

Gah, forgot I hadn't said a time & place. I nominate the Slate for 8:30/9ish. I will be texting the regular crowd to try and get people along...

Well that failed miserably, everyone's either in Dublin, not answering texts, or unable to read a calendar (and thus double booked the evening).

Feh. I blame the crappy weather, myself. Certainly it couldnt be down to my feeble phoning-it-in attempt at organisation this time around...

When's John going away again?

I have been robbed of my pints! :(

dahamsta wrote:
    When's John going away again?
    Flying out on the 24th of Sept so its a little over 8 weeks

Bugger, I won't be able to drink then either.

Thats just not good enough Adam :(

Perhaps we can combine leaving bashes as myself and "the twit known as Fysh" (his words, not mine) are departing at the end September too :)

And appartently it is to be Captain Planet themed! :rolleyes:

And appartently it is to be Captain Planet themed! :rolleyes:
    FFS, I can't eat either.

So presumably the first Friday of September, inline with tradition?

• Advertisement

dahamsta wrote:
    FFS, I can't eat either.

So presumably the first Friday of September, inline with tradition?

Who the hell would want to eat Captain Planet? :confused:

captain_planet.jpg

Advertisement