Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beer session - 28th of July

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Gah, I was thinking of Captain Americas.

Are yerself and the twat eloping or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Or something... :rolleyes:

Oooh rolley eyes, did I touch a nerve? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Well I knew Kyle was leaving, but why captain planet? I was under the impression none of us were homosexual and/or mentally handicapped. If we have to wear rings and shout 'heart', I'm not going.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Perhaps we can combine leaving bashes as myself and "the twit known as Fysh" (his words, not mine) are departing at the end September too :)

And appartently it is to be Captain Planet themed! :rolleyes:
    If there's 3 of us leaving then Adam has no excuse for not drinking :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Well I knew Kyle was leaving, but why captain planet? I was under the impression none of us were homosexual and/or mentally handicapped. If we have to wear rings and shout 'heart', I'm not going.......

Captain Planet because I've developed a minor fascination with the character while working on a comic spoof in the vein of my other superhero strips. And no, you don't have to expose your ring or shout "heart" so all will be ok...

I was under the impression none of us were homosexual and/or mentally handicapped.
    F*ck, I thought all of us fit into one or other category. Sure I'm gay as christmas, and Fysh is a complete f*cktard.

Anyway, where are ye off to?

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:
    F*ck, I thought all of us fit into one or other category. Sure I'm gay as christmas, and Fysh is a complete f*cktard.

Ah now adam, you've seen my selection of shirts and, well, we've heard your idea of a good conversation. Let's just be nice and admit that both of us fall squarely into both categories.

As for where we're off to, the bright lights and drug-dealer-filled streets of London have summoned us...

Nice. What date should we look forward to?

departing at the end September

*cough

• Advertisement

That's a month Blitz, not a date.

adam /pats blitz on the head

Ah - you want to be pacific. Boy is my face red.

No, really. I'm sunburned.

The first friday of september seems awfully far away for beers. :(

Yep, so why don't we say last Saturday's beers are now taking place this Friday (first friday of August, natch). For the sake of a place and time I'll suggest the Bierhaus at 8pm, although anyone who wants to turn up earlier probably won't be kicked out by Dave....

Sound like a plan?

Unlikely I'll be able to make that; I might be able to make it in later on during the night but its doubtful.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

bier! \o/

Sounds good to me. For some reason I feel there's something else on that I can't think of right now but something always clashes with boards beers.

*bump

So who else is going? I presume since JohnK said he'd be doubtful he'll be the first one there. :D

The idea of watching you lot get pleasantly f*cked while I spend half my time queueing at the bar for effing water, and the other half p*ssing it back out again, isn't driving me wild with excitement. However I must have a chat with Sascha anyway, so I'll drag him in to amuse... sorry, abuse ye, and I'll stay long enough to see how bad ye get after a few.

adam

BTW, there's something else to celebrate on Friday, although it'll only be a stopgap until I can go out on the piss properly:

I asked LittleMissMelodrama to marry me on Garryvoe strand on Saturday morning, and when she stopped laughing at me and calling me names she said yes; you know, just to cheer me up cos I couldn't have a birthday party an' all. She still hasn't retracted it via the post, in triplicate as per my requirements, so I reckon ye should have a wee toast while ye still can.

adam

Good stuff! Congratulations fella, god only knows how you found someone who can put up with you but the main thing is don't let her go! ;)

Edited to add
    You don't have a younger brother called Vinnycos, by any chance, do ya? ;)

• Advertisement

Fysh wrote:
    god only knows how you found someone who can put up with you but the main thing is don't let her go! ;)
    Seconded! ;)

Congrats! :D

*bump

So who else is going? I presume since JohnK said he'd be doubtful he'll be the first one there. :D
    Not this time I'm afraid. My sister & her husband are coming back from London for the weekend so there's a big family bbq on the Friday.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

congrats adam :) delighted for ye both

Thanks everyone, I'm chuffed too.

No Fysh, he's not my brother, and tbh if I had one he wouldn't be my best man! I'm thinking of putting the position out to auction, or possibly a fight to the death. Probably the former, given the costs involved. Holy f*ck!

adam

Congratulations. We have a reason to celebrate now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

dahamsta wrote:
    I asked LittleMissMelodrama to marry me on Garryvoe strand on Saturday morning, and when she stopped laughing at me and calling me names she said yes; you know, just to cheer me up cos I couldn't have a birthday party an' all. She still hasn't retracted it via the post, in triplicate as per my requirements, so I reckon ye should have a wee toast while ye still can.

adam

Congrats! And congrats on upstaging John K's ongoing leaving do too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!

Yeah, thanks folks.

Sorry for not turning up last night, yar one above wasn't feeling too hot and I could hardly abandon her for a night in the pub 6 days after you know what. 8 days maybe, but not 6.

(Thank christ she hardly ever comes in here, if she saw me posting stu... OW! That really hurt. No no no, that wasn't me... eh, someone must've guessed my password... yeah, it's probably that arsehole Fysh, you know what he's like. OW! I'm not lying! Yes, I suppose it is hardly believeable that Fysh is clever enough to find his own navel, never mind guess my password, but it could've been luck, maybe? OW! Stop hitting me, I'm very sensitive! Yes, I suppose that's hardly believable too, but...)

Aaaaanyway, that's my main excuse. My secondary excuse is that the idea of being abused by you lot while armed only with a bottle of fizzy water was too much to bear. I'm taking a break from the Lipotrim in 1-2 weeks though, so you can all not come to join me for beers when I go on the piss then, to get me back, ok?

adam

Advertisement