Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Conifers Briarfield

Options
  • 20-07-2007 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Quick question for ye, is the Conifers Briarfield close to UL? Is it a good spot to live? I'm leaving Dublin for the brightlights of Limerick !

Cheers,

DYB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

Its pretty close - though not the closest
    Its about a 10-12 min walk depending on what part of the estate u are going to be in. It is opposite Superquinn shopping centre - so easy for carrying slabs of beer and the occasional pizza! Its very easy to find it and its near a bus route

welcome to limerick

If you google earth Castletroy Shopping Centre u will see a map

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Cheers for that, my first welcome to Limerick!

It sounds Ok ill be checking it out on Saturday anyway. I've heard that the closer to the college you go the houses tend to get a bit grubbier?

ive a car too so the run into college wont be too bad. If i can find a parking space that is I hear UL is like a rush hour M50 !

regards
    DYB

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

if your driving then briarfield is probably better. Parking in UL is at a premium, most slots are taken early in the morning and security ar e very strict! depending on the times of your lecturers, you might be better leaving ur car at home and walking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=299781 Have a read of that, might help.

oh and welcome! :)

Cheers for the advice and the welcomes guys - much appreciated; Really looking forward to the move!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

The car will make the run into college worse!! Its impossable to find parking after about 8.45am

Its not really true that the closer u get the worse the houses get you can get some nice house in college court right beside the college.

Just paid my deposit there so off to UL now for sure in September!

Anyway thanks for the adivce im going to see this place Saturday so should be ok. Parking at UL sounds mad altogether not to worry as ill be in early enough most mornings anyway (he says now....)

Advertisement