Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hospital closures in the midwest

Options
  • 20-07-2007 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi,

Reports in the last few says have been claiming that a report coming from the HSE is going to recommend the closure of three hospitals A and E departments in the mid west.
    here's the story: http://en.epochtimes.com/news/7-7-18/57780.html

I read that it might be part of the PD's political agenda to privitise everything. IE close the A and E and then let private businesses set up there own A and E departments.

I heard on the radio that most of the private 'hospitals' that operate in Dublin are just glorified A and E's, I mean they are good at patching people up and sending them to real hospitals for treatment for more serious ailments.

Any thoughts on this? Is there another reason why these hospitals a and e departments are planned to be closed and are the people in the mid west happy about it?

Is closing three A & E departments in the midwest a good idea? 1 vote

yes, I'm happy its a good idea
    0% 0 votes
    perhaps, but I need more information
    0% 0 votes
    yes, private companies can run it better
    0% 0 votes
    no, its a terrible idea
    0% 0 votes
    dont think so, but need more info
    100% 1 vote
    Undecided