Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website is slow in ie7 but not in other browsers

Options
  • 20-07-2007 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

can anyone shed any light on this.

this site www.ouicando.com works perfectly in browsers ff, ie5/6 but ie7 causes seriors issues.

Site is working off a database and interfaces have not changed for 12 months so it is not some thing that was done on the site.

Only thing that has changed is the menu system, buts its css and using li as its navingation.

There is a new live help application javascript that might be an issue but we are not sure. As tests with and withoutit give the same result.

We see a complete stall after about 15 pages navigates, some times more some times less.

Not a server issue for definite

We think it is the new anti phishing filter on ie7 thats snagging the site.

Any ideas folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

Your probably right about the anti-phising. Turn that rubbish off. No need for it.
    I've looked at the site on IE7 and have no problems at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aiw

thanks for the response.

yes I know the anti phishing filter is the problem but most ordinary folk have it on because microsoft have warned them of the dire consequences of turning it off.

Realistically a company cannot advise users to turn off this feature on their browser to speed things up. Its opens a huge legal door.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Have you tested it out in Safari? I use the windows version and most sites load much quicker than IE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aiw

thanks for the reply

Yes we have it running fine is safari

Like I said its not my choice of browser but the general publics one seems to be ie7 at the moment because they have auto updates on. I know its a heap o browser but I am only interested in getting the problem fixed on ie7

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

You cant fix the problem with IE7, unless you work for Microsoft IE Dev team.
    The Anti-phishing filter afaik scans the page before (or while) loading it.
    I would say the only thing you could do is keep your file size as small as possible. So if you have any big JS scripts consider another alternative.

• Advertisement
Advertisement