Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

google automatic

• 20-07-2007 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

How do you stop google from guessing what word your typing in? (ie. when you type in C, a list of stuff previously searched beginning with C comes up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

clear out your browsing history in internet option in internet explorer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Actually it's under "Content" In the Internet Options dialogue box. "Auto Complete". Just disable it.

Thought I think clearing the browser history might do the same thing... cba to check :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

autocomplete is the option to stop it completly.

but afaik if the history has not been cleared the cached information will still populate on the google page as you start to type

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

Cheers guys, it annoys me something terrible, plus the fact i get to see what other people have been searching for (and i really dont want to know what some people are in to :eek: !!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

That reminds me of what happened to a buddy of mine's buddy... He borrowed sister's laptop for a bit, then just before he was to give it back he couldn't stop it from showing all the less savoury searches he had... There was a bit of panic for a while until he figured it out...:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement