Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam fees... Does your employer pay?

Options
  • 20-07-2007 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Noticed a few threads complaining about exam fees going up recently.. luckily I'm with a company who are very commited to training, certification and personal goals so any exam I've taken has been paid for.. I'm interested to see what the % is of readers though who have to shell out for exams themselves, as these can add up fairly quickly with multiple exam requirements (CCNP/MCSE etc.) or those whose companies pay for exams.

If you could add in a note as well to say whether there are any stipulations attached to having your fees paid e.g. having to stay with the company x months afterwards etc. or if your company happily pays for related courses as well as the exams.

Does your employer pay for exam fees? 14 votes

Yes, for any exam!
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, for any exam directly related to my job spec.
    21% 3 votes
    No :(
    78% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Mine have to be related to my job and have to be agreed beforehand with my manager. Its not too bad because she says whatever I need i can do within reason. In other words if I want to do the MCSA I will have to pay for it myself because I am a dev..

The company also pays for training, but I in my case, I have had the exam done before the course was scheduled so I havent been on any. So they are sending me to Tech ed instead :)

No requirement to stay once the exams are done unless its a degree course. I should point out we have our own testing centre downstairs so we can schedule exams when we want and all that. And we get preferential rates for some of the MS exams.. So far they have paid for 11 exams for me. Only requirement was that I allocate my MCP ID to the company for partnership status and compentencies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I work for an agency so I have to pay for all my own courses, books, exams and if I want to actually attend the courses I also have to take the hit of losing 5 days worth of pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I work for an agency so I have to pay for all my own courses, books, exams and if I want to actually attend the courses I also have to take the hit of losing 5 days worth of pay.

I feel your pain buddy :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Mine pay for the Exam fees. They're supposed to pay for some training but so far not a cent, still they do let me borrow just about anything that's not in use currently for the training lab and that's been a great help.
    No stipulations are attached to the fee payments.

Advertisement