Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky+ to SONY DAV-DZ630 Home Cinema System (NOOB)

• 20-07-2007 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

I'm a complete novice a HE.
    I've a SONY DAV-DZ630 Home Cinema System and sony bravia 40" LCD. I've hdmi from the DAV-DZ630 to the TV for dvd and scart from sky+ to Tv.
    What cables do I need to connect the sky+ to the SONY DAV-DZ630 Home Cinema System?
    Does Sky+ allow 5.1 sound?

Thanks for any advice and I'm completly flumuxed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

No replies yet?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Yes , some programming on sky+ has 5.1 sound , the program guide will tell you via codes whether or not the program is in 5.1
    I think DD is 5.1 , DS is stereo , etc.

The only way to connect and get 5.1 is with the optical connection , some boxes may have a coax as well. Any other connector will only give stereo.

The bad news , Ive been looking at the specs on your system and it doesnt seem to have an optical in ? Is that right ? If so your out of luck and the best you can do is stereo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

Sony Dav systems don't have optical on them :(

Advertisement