Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mido- going on permanent deal

Options
  • 20-07-2007 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭

According to the beeb

Birmingham have agreed a £6m deal with Spurs for striker Mido.
    The 24-year-old Egyptian star had been expected to move to Birmingham on a one-year loan deal after struggling to make an impact at Spurs last season.

But now a permanent move has been struck, subject to Mido agreeing personal terms with Birmingham and passing a medical.

Mido will be Birmingham boss Steve Bruce's biggest buy of the summer so far if the deal goes through.

He is now further down the pecking order after Spurs signed Darren Bent.

Birmingham boss Bruce has also made an enquiry about Mido's Egypt and Spurs team-mate, Hossam Ghaly, as he looks to build on the squad that earned promotion last season

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

That's a whole lot of money for a 5th choice striker!! Well done Daniel Levy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Happy days!...Cant believe it...£6m quid for Mido !!!!!.....Bent for £16.5m doesn't look too bad a deal now!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭colly_browy

When i saw that figure i actually laughed my head off!!
    Get the the deal done quick, before someone sends Steve Bruce a tape of the away FA cup tie to Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

pity he couldn’t have been persuaded to take that other Egyptian cnut Ghaly with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Rumours he's interested in Ghaly as well, could make a small fortune off Brum...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Mido going permanently for £6M - we only paid £4.5M for him. How did he increase in value? Resting on the bench.

Ghaly and Murphy could bring it to £10M!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks like Bruce has fallen foul of that "must sign a name from a big club" panic.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Once again Levy & Co. pull off some great business. 6m return on Mido and we bought him for 4.5m, they must have been paying by the lb. I nearly feel guilty!! Makes the price for bent look a bargain!!

Rather see rid of that Ghaly pr1ck all the same.

Surely this will release the funds for us to get a leftie?!!

Advertisement