Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Varadero OR TDR 125???

• 20-07-2007 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

anyone got any real reasons to choose one over other for first "real" bike???

FH

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Varaderos 4 stroke. TDR is 2 stroke. Might be a consideration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The TDR is a bit more pokie (slightly)

The varadero is a very comfortable and competete bike & is a v twin which makes it very good for going up and down the gears in city traffic + it holds its value very well.

For me the TDR is a great bike but the Varadero is a very high quality bike and feels like a much bigger bike. If you get the honda you will get alot of repect from other bikers too as it looks like it might be a 400cc... & many bikers respect Honda as being one of the best quality bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Varadero for me. The TDR won't be as reliable but is more fun. However the Varadero wins as it's a better all rounder. I know one guy who did Dub to westmeath every day on one for a year. It's not the fastest but is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Varadero all the way. Other than engine size it is brilliant. Balance, style, comfort, position + the engine lasts forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

thanks all - is 20,000 miles a lot on the clock for a 2002 Varadero 125 - someone told me the honda's go forever???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Hondas do go for a long time. My Girlfriend has one thats 18 years old and never misses a beat. If the bike has been looked after it should keep going but 20,000 on a 125 is alot. Make sure that it has a good history and it should do another 20,000.

Advertisement