Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 ammo

Options
  • 20-07-2007 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

What is the best .22 ammo for a semi auto lr? I am using yellow jackets at the moment. What are your opinions of them? What other ammo would be suitable/good?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

I shot a krico .22S/A for a good while, and I must say that Super X or lasers were the best ammo for it. The yellow jackets would not group in it. But thats not to say that they don't group for you. The thing with .22 rimfire is consisitency in the quality of round. If you try out every selection of .22 available to you and buy enough of that batch (you can find the batch number on the box) you shouldn't go wrong.

I found CCI stingers were hard hitters but their overall cartridge length was too long, and prone to jamming.

The main thing is don't be afraid to experiment and don't take other shooters word as gospel when it comes to so called accurate rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Where are you getting Lasers these days????

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Get em in Tallaght Rod and Gun or Hilltop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Cool havent seen them in ages down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

any half decent high velocity ammo should do you!The federal bulk pack is good cheap plinkin ammo and half accurate if you weigh them out beforehand.

The best high velocity ammo i found was magtech high velocity.By far outstrips the competition.bloody hard to find though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

my m8 uses cci velocitor in his .22 marlin semi, i also use them in my .22 bruno a great round ive tried a lot of other brands but these seem to suit my .22 best

Advertisement