Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find my old username

Options
  • 20-07-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭

Many moons ago when I first found boards.ie i had a user name which isn't popebenny16. Now, before you all go duplicate accounts what happened was that I moved house twice and got a new pc and didn't post for about a year or more. When i went to re-log realised I forgot my details. It turns out that the e-mail i had at the time was also gone (it was a subscription e-mail) and so i couldn't get the old confirmation details or anything.

Anyway, I have got that old PC back (I had given it to the brother) and what I want to do is find out my old log-in. I want to find out when ~I was a user and how many posts i had because we're coming up to the 10th year of boards and I just want to be able to say how long I've been here and all that. I tried the rewind sites for old pics of boards just too see if i can find a post of mine, but i cant.

So, at long last the question is what should I be looking for on my old PC (it has windows ME) and where should I look? When I find out what it was I'll post it here and perhaps one of the admins can simply ban that old account if anyone is worried about it being used.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not sure what you can do with your old PC. All you can really do is have a look in your temporary internet files. Not sure where this is on Windows ME, it may be in C:\Windows\Profiles\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\

Within this folder, look for cookies. They'll appear as text documents. Look for one called username@www.boards.ie or something like that.

Open it with notepad, and it'll look odd, but you should see something like "username=<username>" which should be your old username.

Other than that, if an admin takes a look at this, they can search the database by email address, so if you can remember that, then they may be able to find it.

Advertisement