Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting on Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 20-07-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

Basically I am waiting on Eircom to send me out my router and

Just wondering is there a chance it will get activated before the router arrives?

Should I check daily for DSL with my current router?

Thanks

Welly

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

No harm in leaving your current router plugged and see if that little magic light appears:)
    Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

dub45 wrote:
    No harm in leaving your current router plugged and see if that little magic light appears:)

Thanks.

In my order details it said user and pass are broadband1 not eircom

Which is the correct one?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

WellyJ wrote:
    Thanks.

In my order details it said user and pass are broadband1 not eircom

Which is the correct one?

I think either will work (those settings are from the Eircom site) but stick with the ones on your order form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

dub45 wrote:
    I think either will work (those settings are from the Eircom site) but stick with the ones on your order form.

Ok nice, will throw those settings into the router tonight and leave it hooked in :)

Knowing Eircom it will be well after the stuff arrives that they switch me on but sure you never know!

Thanks for the info

Advertisement