Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Year Old doing Handstands in Cot

Options
  • 20-07-2007 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

My daughter turned 1 last month. She is walking about 6 weeks. Recently when we put her down in her cot she has been doing an ostrich impression, of burying her head in the pillow and standing up with her bum up in the air and hands down like she is trying to do a handstand! Is this normal?

Also when we put her in the cot she wriggles around the cot for about 2 hours like a worm until she falls asleep.

Are these normal behavioural activities of a one-year old?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Both mine did this and I would rub their backs to get them to relax and fall a sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

My lad did that as a one year old too and I found it very amusing. even now at three we find him in strange positions throughout the night sometimes on the floor snoring! Don't think it is anything to worry about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

*sigh* I knew this was too good to be true.

Sounds normal, I've seen plenty of babies do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

My daughter even falls asleep this way sometimes... and the amount she moves in the night I doubt we'll ever be able to put her in a bed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

LOL!

I had to laugh at the topic title!

Everything is normal for 1 year olds :-) The wriggling thing I can definitely identify with.

Kids are great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

My little chap looks like he is praying to Mecca most nights when he finally drops off !

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Yeah, that sounds normal. I have another 'wriggler', you could find her asleep in any kind of odd position. Tho she mostly likes to sleep with her head pressed up against the bars in the corner of the cot. It must hurt! Ive never been able to make up the cot like a bed, I just have to wait till shes asleep and cover her up then.

Lots of kids sleep when kneeling like you say, and if you want to see why, curl up in a similar position hugging a pillow. Its really comfy! :D

Advertisement