Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What#s your favourite song to make you feel better after a break-up?

Options
  • 20-07-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

You know, after you've broken up with someone, your heart is broken ann your lying in a darkened room listening to music. What's your favourite song to make you feel better?

Mine is "Better Be Home Soon" by Crowded House, just for the line "It wouls cause me pain if we were to end it, but i could start again, you can depend on it". Not the coolest choice I know but a lot of people in work say "I will survive is theirs.

Anyone else got a favourite?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Not a personal fave, but "You oughta know" by Alanis M Is a savage song about break ups. There is alot of hate in that little Canadian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

It doesn't happen to me so often that I've developed a penchant for certain tunes over others, but I find something like Stevie Wonder's "Black Man" or Gil Scott-Heron's "The Bottle" help to acknowledge your sadness while infusing it with optimism, something about the sad, serious subject matter and the rediculously upbeat rythm, i don't know...

Oh, but I wouldn't be lying in a darkened room :) That's the Stevie influence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Well at the "maybe there is a chance" stage", I would go with Pulp's TV Movie.
    At the " Yes, I am actually getting there " stage, I would go with ween's Falling Out.
    At the" Go and burn in hell you bastard " stage I would go with Audioslave's What You Are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The WHY ME stage
    "Not Coming Home" Maroon 5
    "Don't need you to tell me I'm pretty" by Samantha Mumba(from the Legally Blonde Soundtrack) is great too...
    Alanis Morrisette "Simple Together", and anything off Jagged Little Pill
    "Gin and Tonic Sky" Mundy
    Angry Stage:
    "She Hates me"( puddle of mudd)
    "Everything Back but you", "My Happy Ending" Avril Lavigne
    "Open Wounds" Skillet
    "I'm not Ok(I promise)" MCR(this song rocks for getting anger out...)

Yeah...lots more too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

never thought of the crowded house song as being a 'break up' kinda song, but that lyric seems to fit.

anybody else with me on 'Yes' by McAlmont & Butler...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 carthach

never thought of the crowded house song as being a 'break up' kinda song, but that lyric seems to fit.

anybody else with me on 'Yes' by McAlmont & Butler...
    or just "Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Thelikefaneire

Untill i Met you by Mest, really really angry song, the right balance of swear words and good lines to get anger out in any situation.

Also who can go wrong with She hates me by Puddle of Mudd, classic angst song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

(I) "Used to Love Her" (,but I had to kill her) - GnR

then, in a fit of remorse....

"Gone Away" - Offspring

:rolleyes:

Ok, now the real ones, heheh.....

"Still Got the Blues" - Gary Moore

"Breaking Us In Two" - Joe Jackson

"One Heartbeat" - Smokey Robinson

"Still Loving You" - Scorpions

Edit: forgot a few.....

"Who Are You Now" - Justin Hayward/John Lodge (Blue Jays)
    "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" - Platters
    "The Tears of a Clown" - Smokey & the Miracles
    and Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade"

Edit 2: Doh! I should read first posts more often. "Music to make you feel better"....well, nothing does, so I listen to the stuff above. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

song for the dumped - ben folds. that usually does it for me on the angry side. on the feeling better side of the coin "the last polka" again by ben folds, just to remind me i didn't need anyone to start with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Journey - Seperate Worlds.

Every other answer is wrong. This is the best song in the world.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This love - Pantera

Ya gotta scream the line "No more head trips!" :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Metallica - "Nothing Else Matters" and

Asia - "Sole Survivor" and "Time Again"

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

For the Angry stage - Maroon 5 "Harder to Breath"..... Oh yeah!

:D

Advertisement