Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logic1

• 20-07-2007 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

(First off, Mods I wasn't sure where to put this so pls feel free to move)

For all of you who have been around here for a while, you may have come across, or came to know Logic1 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=1151

Unfortunatly, he passed away last Saturday in his sleep.
    If anyone knew him either here or in real life (Niall o Riordan), please post some memories here.

I went to collage with him a few years back. He was one of the good ones. May he rest in peace.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

oh my god!

What happened to him?

I met him a few years back in Waterford :(

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Stephen wrote:
    oh my god!

What happened to him?

I met him a few years back in Waterford :(

Stephen

**** ME! What happened, does anyone know? I met him at the same time, good lad, what a shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Was he ill?

RIP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Jaysus.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

R.I.P. Niall

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Big, strong logic who was always taking the piss and cracked me up on a regular basis!
    This can't be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I don't know what to say. That's so sad. Does anyone know what happened?

I think I might still have pms from him in my inbox. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

That's so sad - At least it sounds like a peaceful way to go.

Bye Niall :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

He was a very funny guy.

RIP.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I came across him on a few forums. Very sorry to hear it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Met him at a few boards beers and he always proceeded to make as much fun of me as possible. I always find it strange when this happens to someone you know over the internet...

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

boards.ie loses another great poster.

My condolences...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

RIP Niall.

Had such a laugh playing WoW with you for over a year.

Drake reminded me of this time where he got a guild members number who was on ventrilo at the time. He then proceeded to text the member (Bunny) and pretend to be a girl looking to meet up. Bunny was telling everyone over vent and Niall kept him going by saying thins like "oh man Bunny she wants your c0ck".

God it was so funny when he wrote up a thread about it and included all the details in the texts. Had me in stitches.

Also he was the best freestylin' rapper I knew, even if he was white! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Folks, great to see all the responses. He truly was a great guy.
    Unfortunatly, I could'nt make the funeral so I know little more than yourselves about the why or how he died, but I dont believe he was long term ill and as I said he passed away in his sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

He was a very very funny guy, ya couldn't help but laugh as well if he was ripping the piss outta ya :)

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

my condolences

Dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Nearly all his posts made me laugh, great guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

RIP, sad stuff. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

had talked to him on this board quite a few times, RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I have never talked to him but it is still sad to hear.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭hotnipples

That's shocking. Used to know him through IRC, TFC/CS, was a funny lad alright :(

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

Rip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

RIP logic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

RIP Niall,

Sound bloke, big into his fitness, and gave lots of good advice on various forums (here / muscletalk etc.)

Was a decent gamer a few years back as well (a member of Hot Internet Virgin iirc)

I'll miss his dispensing of insults from the old #boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭slemons

oh my god.

RIP

I had some right battles with him in fitness, under a different alias...
    He inspired me an awful lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭babypink

...my thoughts, prayers and deepest condolences to mushashi, his parents and loved ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

what the fk!

Loggers :( Man, i remember my first boards beer and him being a pillar of drinking strength for me to fall on and have him push me off. Hes an absolute legend, even when he was being an a$shole to you you couldnt help but think he was funny. Myself and logic had a love to hate each other relationship, we would verbally abuse each other to the point of not talking, then the next day it would be forgotten about. We didnt really talk in the last year or so as irc channels got locked and games were not shared..

If i could define a single user on boards that would trigger back memories of the good auld days it would be niall.

:(

rip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

what the fk!

Loggers :( Man, i remember my first boards beer and him being a pillar of drinking strength for me to fall on and have him push me off. Hes an absolute legend, even when he was being an a$shole to you you couldnt help but think he was funny. Myself and logic had a love to hate each other relationship, we would verbally abuse each other to the point of not talking, then the next day it would be forgotten about. We didnt really talk in the last year or so as irc channels got locked and games were not shared..

If i could define a single user on boards that would trigger back memories of the good auld days it would be niall.

rip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

That's really sad to hear, I don't remember ever coming across him but my condolances to his famil;y and everyone that knew him, RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I went to college with him and S8n, so have a load of great memory of the big man...
    He was a real decent guy and will be missed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Was devastated when i heard about this. Was contacted on sunday but only found out monday.

One of the first people i got to know online, the first person i ever spoke to over voice comms (seven odd years ago) and one of the first people i met irl from the internet. Only met him a handfull of times, but spent alot of time chatting or playing games online over the years.

Unfortunately lost contact with him a few years back. Spoke to him briefly a year and a half ago and tried to contact him again a few months ago with no such luck.

Hands down, one of the funniest people i've ever met. Spent the last week thinking about all the craic we all used to have.

My thoughts are with his family, especially his bro.

Phill (Vac)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Sorry to hear that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I really don't know what to say, so I'm going to leave it at condolences to his family. Goodbye Niall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

Just heard about it, terrible news. Played different games with Niall over the last 6 or so years, met him countless times and he was always the one crackin jokes and having a laugh. It's a big loss and he'll be missed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

RIP Niall,

very sad news indeed when I heard it.. hadn't seen this thread til now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

This sucks. :sad:

Met him a couple of times. Sound guy. Sad to hear about this. :(

Does anyone know how he died?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

****ty, ****ty thing to happen. I first met Niall many years ago in relation to CS, then after it was mainly random encounters online and off. Absolutely bang on bloke and never failed to crack people up. This is the final proof that there is no God. Take it handy Niall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

What age was this guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

Really sad. RIP Logic :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Does anyone know how he died?
    As stated in the first post, he died in his sleep, any further questions regarding details would be slightly intrusive.

I'm not sure what Logic1 would make of this thread, prolly call us all whinging fcuks :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Always liked his humor on boards.ie, he worked in AOL Waterford before I started their but I used to chat to him the odd time on IM and IRC when he moved upto Dublin

Couple of lads I used to work with worked with him up in AOL Technologies in Dublin before it closed down,

Never met the chap in person but he was very sound,

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Very Sad, i met him at a beers, nice guy.

Rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

zabbo wrote:
    As stated in the first post, he died in his sleep, any further questions regarding details would be slightly intrusive.

I'm not sure what Logic1 would make of this thread, prolly call us all whinging fcuks :)

That'd be him alright calling anyone that gets emotional a big nonce! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

RIP Logic, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

RIP Logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus... RIP man.

Met logic1 a few times myself, but I was very drunk at the time, and don't remember much of the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

This is a bolt out of the blue.

As for memories op. Many but not as many as others. Met him a few time and He kept myself Dustaz, wwhead, kaids, par, Shinji, jak, GB and some others highly entertained on a super secret yorema irc channel a few years ago. Not to mention his antics on boards and boards irc.

Tis funny... I was clearing out some old emails today and decided to keep one from root at logic1 . com from years ago.

It ended.

"

--
    Lots of love,

YORE MA."

My thoughts are with him, his family and those who were lucky enough to know him.

RIP logic1_away

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement