Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logic1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

zabbo wrote:

I'm not sure what Logic1 would make of this thread, prolly call us all whinging fcuks :)

You sir are probably bang on the money :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

Always sad to hear something like this. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Niall was one of the funniest people you could ever hope to meet. Through countless hours reading boards, sekkrit irc channels, sekkrit boards (freemasons if anyone remembers was a logic special), sitting on voicecomms with him, or just having a pint the odd time, the overriding memory im left with is one of fun, humour and unending abusive language :)

I find it quite ironic that for someone that i met thru/spent so much time browsing boards with, that its taken till today that ive found a thread about his death. I guess people come and go through here, but one constant was always abuse from logic , its hard to think that wont be the case anymore.

My thoughts at this point are with his brother and parents.

RIP Niall. You'll be missed.

And yeh, he would be the absolute first to call everyone on this thread a complete twat for contributing :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

It's been nearly a week now and I still find it hard to get my head around this.

My overriding memories of him, apart from when he teamed up with Shinji to grab my then teenaged ass at boards beers to freak me out for a laugh, are the most recent ones. We were celebrating my 21st a few years back and the 'internet' crew had taken over the patio area at the end of my garden. Niall made sure no none-internet people ventured into the area through his own unique brand of charm. Anyone who came nearby got heckled; abusive and hilarious.

Another one was when we were in the pub and had not seen each other for ages; Niall arrives built like a brick sh1t-house. He'd gone from being, well, Niall, to being Captain America. His arms were wider than my neck. He still had his unique brand of charm of course, but what made me laugh, was that despite how funny he was, and how he was now a giant wall of muscle, he was still too shy to strike up a conversation with a cute girl he fancied who was sitting just a few feet away from him. He acted tough and mean, but he was just a big softie, and such a sweet guy.

:(

RIP Niall.

(to echo Dustaz; Niall would give me SUCH abuse for this post...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

RIP, my condolences to his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Christ, I was only thinking of texting him the other day (hadn't seen him in ages)...

I've known Niall a good few years, some savage times had over those years.
    RIP Bald0r, I'll drop a few in your memory :(

zabbo wrote:
    I'm not sure what Logic1 would make of this thread, prolly call us all whinging fcuks :)

Ha, too bloody right :) A stalwart and connoisseur of internet abuse, and it'll be missed. Well, he's up in heaven now, eternally doing YORE MA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Shocking news. I only knew logic1 from the fitness forum where he was an excellent, no BS contributor who gave myself and others a lot of help.

RIP Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

RIP Niall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

very sad news. RIP logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

RIP dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

RIP man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

RIP Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Never encountered him. By the looks of things, my loss.

So sad. There's never any logic to a young person dying - seems a waste of a life.

R.I.P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,018 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I didn't know the chap at all, but it's always sad to loose anyone and in particular someone who contributed to this community.

Rip Man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eo980 wrote:
    I didn't know the chap at all, but it's always sad to loose anyone and in particular someone who contributed to this community.

Rip Man.

+1 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

RIP Niall

Another good loss to boards :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That's an awful pity, seemed like a great bloke to have a laugh with. I never knew him and only remember him from the fitness forums but...

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I didn't know him as I'm a real newbie on boards but, I would like to send my condolences and to his family.

R.I.P Logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I hate to hear stuff like this, really makes me think about untimely death for days on end, especially when it's someone you've actually had some interaction (Not much but he gave me some great laughs before, enough that I remember him) with and isn't just a part of the news you're looking at as a bit of news rather then a tragedy.

Rip Logic/Niall :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Truly tragic.

Have known Niall for many years - from the early days with Dusty, Adnan, Phil, Par, Kaids, Shinji etc.

Heard the news and was shocked, having shared a house with him for close to two years. He was a a solid guy (despite us having our differences), who should be remembered for his great wit, talent and taste for life.

Far too young too be gone.

Thoughts are with Core and Eric. Not much else to say.

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

Cheers to everyone who's posted nice stuff about "The Niallo"

You know ye are all Ghey right?

Big hello to Jak, I never got to meet you, but Niallo never had a bad word to say about yourself or Andy. He was mad about you lads and Aido!

I know Niall didn't go easy, our youngest brother Cormac (Kore) was there when he passed. Post Mortem results won't help ease the pain, Niall is gone and nothing can change that. If you want to toast him over the weekend, just give a Marine style HooAa, we did it often and well drunk!

I prefer to remember Niall as he was

A lifter BackPic.jpg

Movie Buff DSCF0638-2.jpg

and Loverman! Niallo.jpg

RIP Blood! Lay it down proppa! I'll get that last rep on my own now man, still for you.

.Logic. /away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Terrible news... a genuinely sound guy. Its been 4 or 5 years since I spoke to him I'd say, I used to get a great kick out of him winding up people for a laugh. My condolences to his family and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

RIP Bigman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

RIP Niall, my deepest condolances to his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

indeed, RIP. sincerest condolences to the family & friends

RIP.

I don't think I've met him but I remember reading funny post encounters between him and Beruthiel long ago.
    His last posts on boards seem to have been last december.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

RIP Logic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Dont recall ever coming across the guy, but it seems he will be sadly missed. My condolences to the family...RIP Niall...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I'm not much of a gamer, nor am I a fitness type person, so our paths never crossed.
    Judging my the posts here, that's my loss.
    Sounds like he was an extremely likeable person.

My condolences to his family and all his friends here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

RIP Logic and condolences to family and friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Holy crap just saw this now, hadn't actually seen him in ages. Back when we still had our internet cafe he would come in every so often and we would tear into each other for the laugh. Also many a hazy memory of boards.ie beers. He really was a funny gregarious guy and even when he was taking the wee wee out of you, you didn’t mind. I really am saddened to hear this, we’ll miss you Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Met him at a LAN/beers back in the day, funny guy, good times.

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Shocked to read this, RIP Niall

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Never came across him on Boards, but judging by the posts he seemed like a great guy. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Kind of knew him from early days of cs and early days of wow.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cant say I had the privilege of meeting him, but still tragic news.

My condolences to the family, RIP

Musashi wrote:
    Cheers to everyone who's posted nice stuff about "The Niallo"

You know ye are all Ghey right?

Big hello to Jak, I never got to meet you, but Niallo never had a bad word to say about yourself or Andy. He was mad about you lads and Aido!

I know Niall didn't go easy, our youngest brother Cormac (Kore) was there when he passed. Post Mortem results won't help ease the pain, Niall is gone and nothing can change that. If you want to toast him over the weekend, just give a Marine style HooAa, we did it often and well drunk!

I prefer to remember Niall as he was

A lifter BackPic.jpg

Movie Buff DSCF0638-2.jpg

and Loverman! Niallo.jpg

RIP Blood! Lay it down proppa! I'll get that last rep on my own now man, still for you.

.Logic. /away
    Musashi, was he a relation or a friend of yours? I understand he had been ill. Hope his suffering didn't last too long.
    Gorgeous-looking lad. Very sorry about your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭pariko

Sickeningly tragic news, and still hard to believe.

As has been alluded to, boards.ie is probably the last place Niall would want to be eulogised, so I'll try to keep this brief.

He was first and foremost one of the wittiest dudes I've ever come across; notoriously incisive, but always justifiably so. A refreshingly straight-up, no-bullshít guy - in my experience at least - but as Mike's already said, also someone who gave off a hugely warm and friendly vibe in the company of friends; nothing less than a pleasure to be around. I've probably never laughed so hard for so long in a single weekend as I did when sat between Philly and Niall at YORE MA LAN :)

The other thing that often struck me about him was how well schooled and knowledgeable he was in so many different fields, and the amount of spot-on advice he doled out to anyone who sought it - personally speaking, if I ever asked Niall's advice on something that I thought he'd be able to help me with (which I did an awful lot), he'd always have time for me and always have the answers.

I had nothing but the utmost respect for this guy, and I'm devastated that he's gone.

RIP Niall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

Musashi, was he a relation or a friend of yours? I understand he had been ill.

He was a relation and my best friend, he's my younger brother.

He hadn't been ill, just not himself the last few weeks, felt tired a lot which wasn't like him as he was a beast of a man.

We don't know what happened, and it will never make sense that such a bright guy, so full of life could suddenly be absent from our lives. It's nice to hear he had so many friends and they all had the same impression of him as we did, our Sister thought the sun Literally rose and set with him! He's sorely missed, big thanks to those who travelled to be at this funeral, vewry much appreciated by his Mam and Dad.

Eric (Musashi)

.Logic. /away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

RIP Niall, always missed your cudgel-like wit on IRC. (Whose cock? Oh YOUR cock? Well who else's would it be...) That, and the other memory I have - I think it was Pepe Le Frits telling everyone at the first boards beer that Niall's then gaelgoir girlfriend's name was Ispini (sausages). Little wonder she didn't want to stay. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Rest In Peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Oh for ****s shake.

Met Niall about 5 years ago at a boards beers when I was 16, he chased me around and insisted on licking my head. Met him again at subsequent boards beers and he was great craic over a pint. He was a real solid old school guy. This is just too tragic to think about, my condolences to you Eric and your family, sorry I missed the funeral as I only just found this thread.

Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaysus shocked at this. Only spotted the thread a moment ago. Have vague memories of talking to the lad at boards beers and obviously from reading his posts. A loss to us all, my sympathies to his family.

• Advertisement

Musashi wrote:
    He was a relation and my best friend, he's my younger brother.
    He hadn't been ill, just not himself the last few weeks, felt tired a lot which wasn't like him as he was a beast of a man.
    We don't know what happened, and it will never make sense that such a bright guy, so full of life could suddenly be absent from our lives.
    Eric, that's absolutely heartbreaking. I didn't realise your brother was just taken from you suddenly and inexplicably.
    My heart genuinely goes out to you. May you and your family stay strong and manage to come to terms with such a baffling tragedy.

Best wishes...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I am just now finding out about this, Eric my condolences to you and your family.. My heart sank when I read this...
    I have had my share of laughs with logic on Irc and boards as many of the people here have and it saddens me so very much to hear this news...
    RIP Niall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I never really crossed paths with Logic1, and like some of the other posters above me, it sounds like I've missed out.

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TEH REAL CDP

Jesus, just seen this. I'm a long time reader only registered today but that guy gave some solid advice in the fitness forum and he was funny too.

Condolances, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

RIP

My thoughts are with Musashi and theh family at this time.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement