Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logic1

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I never talked to Logic on boards as far as I can remember. Going by the posts here, its a sad loss for all those who encountered him, on boards, and personally.
    My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
    RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Very sad to hear. Never spoke with him directly but remember his posts from over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

RIP Logic1, thoughts are out to his family. We'll miss you!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Musashi
    My deepest condolences to you and your family.
    Truly heart breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Never met the guy but knew the handle from here.

Sorry for your loss Eric. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Rip Logic1, have seen his posts around but never knew him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Can't say I was on a chatting basis with him, but I always enjoyed his posts and his cutting wit on IRC. I also patted his shaved head in a drunken moment.

He'll be sorely missed. :(

RIP Niall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

A huge loss.

I knew Niall about 6 or so years back when we played together for "Team Blam" at the cpl qualifiers and I swear he was one of the funniest guys I'd ever met. Really enjoyed his company and after that we'd often have a laugh together at the expense of others :D He could slag anyone off and have them cracking up at it too. Really funny guy. No doubt he'll be sorely missed.

I also think it's really nice to see some of the old names I hadn't seen in so long here paying their respects. Always nice to know people are still here after so long to show love for one who has left us and I think he'd really appreciate it.

GG Niall!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I didn't know the guy nor do I remember seeing his posts (I might have, I use to lurk for ages before registering) but going by the posts I have seen here he will be missed dearly. My condolenses to the family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Never knew the guy but that doesn't matter. My deepest condolences Eric, my thoughts are with you and your family.

RIP Niall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Man I still cant believe he's gone.

My condolences to Niall's family. To anyone who knew him he will be missed greatly.

Niall was one of the few people I've met in my life who regardless of the situation or surroundings could make me laugh my ass off. Many the night out on the tear was made more enjoyable by his sense of humor and sharp wit.

I'm going to miss the random humorous abusive texts received and sent.

RIP Niall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Sorry to hear about this. Never really knew him, but that's irrelevant.

My condolences to you Eric and your family. May he rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

One of the funniest people I've ever talked to on irc. Terrible loss.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Meant to post this the other day:

I think I crossed paths with logic1 in Fitness when I wandered over there looking for advice - from what I remember he was very helpful in providing this and certainly knew his stuff.
    Other than that, his was a nick I would certainly recognise from around the site, even if it was from nothing in particular.
    I won't pretend for a second to have known him at all really but there's little doubt that he was worth knowing.
    My condolences to his family, loved ones and friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

You are all straight up homosexuals.

.logic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

uh

welcome back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

How was your stay? Would you recommend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭[Core]

Yeah, that was horrible of me... I'm sure he would have appreciated it!
    Thanks to everyone that posted condolences in here, it's a pretty tough time so it's all appreciated. I was with Niall when he died and I'm still not really sure what happened, he'd just gone upstairs for a lie down and when I went up an hour later he was having trouble breathing etc, so I don't really know what happened.
    Anyway, yeah, thanks to everyone for posting and sharing your own little stories about Niall, it's nice to hear that a lot of you had a good laugh with him ;)
    --core/cormac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

logic1 wrote:

.logic.
    if this is joke you are a legend

if not this is sick

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

heh, yeah he would have prob appreciated that. Don't remember much about him, except that he stole a sixpack of grolsch from me when we were in holland. luckily it was lemon flavoured grolsch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

logic1 wrote:

.logic.
    hmmmm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

[Core] wrote:
    Yeah, that was horrible of me... I'm sure he would have appreciated it!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

sorry to bump this thread mods, but we're doing a tribute to niall on www.powerfm.org tonight

me_and_busey.jpg

A tribute show for our good friend Busey aka Niall Riordan, aka Logic1 who passed away a month ago well before his time.

tonight we will have Don Rosco / Safetyboy / Ricky Force / Big Budget / Tyranny / Stacks (bassbin / reach / etc ) playing a variety of the music he loved; Dillinja, Break, Noisia and so forth..

Tonight - Wednesday 1st August -

9.30pm - 12.30am GMT
    5.30 - 11.30pm EST
    12:30 - 4:30 PST

http://www.powerfm.org/wwwboard/ (boards, tracklists and archives on
    here as well as direct links to the show)

or.

Open Windows Media Player and insert:

http://live.powerfm.org/asx/powerlive64k.asx

Tune in and send us an email at: studio@powerfm.org

Remember, you can chat live with us on the 'internet' at the address below.

http://www.chatzy.com/351049598093

scaffiliated1.gif

RIP Niall, you'd be laughing with us if you were here, you're probably laughing at us now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey all,

I'm a bit late on this one - just found out the story last night at Boards Beers from some folks. I'm real sorry to have missed out on the funeral.

I've known for Niall years now, one of the funniest and soundest guys I know. We had many great sessions, of the liquid type, as well as him kicking my ass and teaching me a great deal about weight training in Westwood gym.

Cheers Niall, you'll be missed, you funny ****er :)

- Alastair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

That's a real shame man... Never met him or had any dealings with him and hadn't seen any of his posts in a good while (don't frequent the fitness forum) but any time he did pop in on a thread it'd be some one-liner that'd crack you up.

RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Just found this thread now.

Very sad to hear about it.

Niall was a great bloke. Hadn't spoken to him in a couple of years.

RIP

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Holy sh*t, just stumbled across this now.... was checking out my buddies and looking to find his last posts to see when he was on here recently....
    Condolences to his friends and family... never actually met him but did plenty of chatting... gaming.... scheming up muppet bashing and the like.
    He was The Holy Lamb of Blam...

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

I missed this the first time around, but I heard from Kaids what had happened.
    Reading over this thread has made me a little bit sad, but has made me smile as well.
    Me and Niall used to muck about on IRC a lot, and oh the trolls we used to pull on both IRC and on boards.ie.
    Many fond memories of the man.

one of which is http://www.aboutus.org/YoRema.com
    The actual web site doesnt exist anymore as far as I know, but heres what it looked like.
    And as mentioned before, the freemasons forum which became a running gag and founded many of the little cliches that have sprung up since.

He was a funny bugger, had a sarcstic streak 3 miles wide, and would tell you to fcuk off rather than help you out. He was that kind of helpful human being :) BUt we had some awesom fun together.

I used to call him 'I'll be there logic'
    Whenever there was beer, hed always say 'I'll be there' and we knew that he would never show up :)

I'll miss you man.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

eo980 wrote: »
    I didn't know the chap at all, but it's always sad to loose anyone and in particular someone who contributed to this community.

Rip Man.

Echoed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Just saw this thread now - Used to work with the lad. Didn't get on great with him to be honest - used to always throw jibes at each other - all in good fun though. I know his brother "Musashi" through martial arts and he's a sound chap. He told me about the death when it happened - I was going to post about it on here but felt it wouldn't be appropiate. In anycase, RIP to him.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dustaz wrote: »
    Niall was one of the funniest people you could ever hope to meet. Through countless hours reading boards, sekkrit irc channels, sekkrit boards (freemasons if anyone remembers was a logic special), sitting on voicecomms with him, or just having a pint the odd time, the overriding memory im left with is one of fun, humour and unending abusive language :)

I find it quite ironic that for someone that i met thru/spent so much time browsing boards with, that its taken till today that ive found a thread about his death. I guess people come and go through here, but one constant was always abuse from logic , its hard to think that wont be the case anymore.

My thoughts at this point are with his brother and parents.

RIP Niall. You'll be missed.

And yeh, he would be the absolute first to call everyone on this thread a complete twat for contributing :)
    I couldn't agree more. As someone who had to deal with logic1 head on at times he always cracked me up even when I was wagging a finger at him. He was a rogue and a great contributor and I'm very very sad to hear it, shocked in fact. Logic was, in fact, someone I looked to to be sure I wasnt getting too serious about things, because he would be the first to tell you you were acting the twat. I'm shocked about this, don't really know what to say and feel sorry I didnt tell him this before.
    Logic was always in the thick of the best gags online, Hot Internet Virgins and the Freemasons sekrit forum were just two that were ass-breakingly funny...

So long Logic, I will really miss you.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Condolences to his family and friends, may he rest in peace:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

hed always say 'I'll be there' and we knew that he would never show up :)

Ha, this reminds me of one of the nicknames I had for him - "Cadbury's fuckin' Flake" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Only saw this now, met Logic a couple of times through DNC back in the day and the CS scene...

One thing that always struck me about Logic was his sheer size, funny seeing such a big guy playin games...funnier when ppl would threatan u over the net as often happens, but Logic would just laugh at them, as he wasnt someone who was intimidated by anyone! Very funny guy, very sad to hear he's passed!

RIP Logic
    Condolences to his family!

Ian
    Formally .dNC.Tickle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

No matter what the cause of death of a loved one, it deserves sympathy and tact. Out of respect to the family, and the expressed concern by many posters I am locking this thread. Not solely for TerrorFirmer's post/stance, but the other directions this thread is taking. Thread end (for now, at least.)

Mod edit: Anyone else wishing to express condolences for Logic1 can PM an AH mod and one of us will re-open the thread.
    Terry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement