Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince 2

Options
  • 20-07-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

All,

Has anyone taken the Prince2 exam/course recently?

How did you find it, difficult? or do you think it could easily be self-studyied?

What materials did you use?

Any tips?! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

'The exam formally known as...'

Okay it was funny in my own little head.

But sorry, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LiamCr

I passed the Prince2 Foundation exam a few months ago.

I did an on-line course from TPG as well as buying the Prince2 manual direct from the OGC. Also googled for a few Mind Maps which I found helpful. Sat the exam with TPG.
    Going wasn't too tough, but you do need to study for it.

Will get around to the practitioner exam some day ......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭OhMyGod123

Hi, Does anyone know if you can do Prince or PMI in Louth/Norht Dublin area? I don't fancy the commute into Dublin and would rather there was somewhere near Drogheda that does either???

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Any books suitable for self-study?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

krinpit wrote: »
    Any books suitable for self-study?

I'd also like to know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭NOGMaxpower

Hi all,

I've passed the foundation and practitioner this year hosted by a company called Trigraph.

For the foundation I would definately say Self Study is a winner. Its a pretty easy test once you read through the Prince2 Manual (you can get it on amazon) just make sure you get the latest version ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Managing-Successful-Projects-Britain-Government/dp/0113309465/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1227004647&sr=1-1 )

The one benefit of going through Trigraph is they include the book in the fee plus a lot of one to one trainign with lecturers who actually help write the book and tests!

The practitioner is a different story and a lil harder to do. Its an open book exam "yes you can have the book/answers in front of you". All this does is test your knowledge of the book where to find things what the rules of managing a project are.

As i said its harder and i'd definately suggest you take the 3 day course on offer from Trigraph.

The practitioner test has changed from a hand written exam to a multiple choice one. ITs a fooker and they really try your nerves on how they tally up points on silly questions designed to throw you.

If you need any other PM info please let me know I've done bother PMP and Prince2 exams amongst other PM training.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 newwushuang

can you give me a hint how to apply for prince2 exam in dublin ? I already viewed all the material and just want to do the exam. Cheers : P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Burgerman55

any update on this?
    interested in completing it in dublin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

can you give me a hint how to apply for prince2 exam in dublin ? I already viewed all the material and just want to do the exam. Cheers : P

CTI/ESMI on harcourt shoudl be able to provide an exam place.
    I did both my Pratitioner and Foundation certs with them.

Advertisement