Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Adsense...advice needed

Options
  • 20-07-2007 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have submitted my site a few times to Google adsense and it keeps telling me my site is still under constuction. But I can't see what the problem is.

Does anyone have helpful advice on what you need to do to get your site accepted?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Maybe providing a URL will help us help you!
    Is your site under construction?
    Did you check AdSense's T&Cs, etc. - https://www.google.com/adsense/support/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If the site appears to be incomplete / under construction it will not be accepted

Of course knowing what the site was would make it a lot easier for people to advise you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭gbh

Hi Guys,

It's - www.graduaterecruit.ie

Had it up here before...it may need a redesign in the future...but would like to get adsense working on it first...

Thanks.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

gbh wrote:
    it may need a redesign in the future
    Do you think? :eek:

In fairness there are several parts that don't look finished

Well I think it looks alright but maybe I am not objective enough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

It makes sense now ...

Google would view that site as being incomplete / MFA

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It does look like one of those placeholder pages that domain squatting companies use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Myxomatosis

gbh wrote:
    Hi Guys,

It's - www.graduaterecruit.ie

Had it up here before...it may need a redesign in the future...but would like to get adsense working on it first...

Thanks.

The home page seems to be not working very well. All the other pages actually do look ok and not "under construction". But for some reason the home page has different sized fonts and is not aligning correctly.

I am using Firefox so maybe that has something to do with it.

Remove those two light blue boxes at the top corners, make the footer container fix the text better, and nudge the whole page into the center of the screen and Google should approve you.

Here's how you make your page centered and will work on all decent browsers
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    <style>
    #container {width:700px;margin:25px auto; border:3px solid #000000}
    </style
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="container"><p>Content</p><p>Content</p><p>Content</p></div>
    </body>
    </hmtl>

Of course having the Doc type "strict" may arse up other parts of your page, but lets hope not :)

CuLT wrote:
    It does look like one of those placeholder pages that domain squatting companies use.

maybe it does but i'm not a domain squatting company.

The home page seems to be not working very well. All the other pages actually do look ok and not "under construction". But for some reason the home page has different sized fonts and is not aligning correctly.

I am using Firefox so maybe that has something to do with it.

Remove those two light blue boxes at the top corners, make the footer container fix the text better, and nudge the whole page into the center of the screen and Google should approve you.

Here's how you make your page centered and will work on all decent browsers
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
    <html>
    <head>
    <style>
    #container {width:700px;margin:25px auto; border:3px solid #000000}
    </style
    </head>
    <body>
    <div id="container"><p>Content</p><p>Content</p><p>Content</p></div>
    </body>
    </hmtl>

Of course having the Doc type "strict" may arse up other parts of your page, but lets hope not :)

Thanks Myxomatosis :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

gbh wrote:
    maybe it does but i'm not a domain squatting company.
    My point is that google staff probably have a lot of these to look over, and those sort of pages probably get submitted regularily. At a glance, your site looks like one of them, so they simply hit "next" and deny your application.

Advertisement