Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sopranos/ WWE fans

• 20-07-2007 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭

This is gonna contain spoilers of last nights Sopranos finale episode so if you haven`t seen it, don`t read on!!

Remember when Vince was supposedly blown up a few weeks ago? Well when I was online reading about it I couldn`t help but read various reports abouot how that ending was amazingly similar to the Sopranos finale... So I was pretty pissed off because I assumed that meant that there was some sort of explosion at the end of the Sopranos and I had ruined it on myself by reading those spoilers.

Fast forward to about ten minutes ago when i actually finished watching the finale episode of the Sopranos and at the end there is no explosion! In fact it just goes to black with Tony and his family eating onion rings!!

Now my question is this, how in the hell was Vince getting blown up similar to that ending? i thought RTE had cut the transmission early before the big explosion or something and I had to go online to find out that is the actual ending... I`m very confused, maybe somebody could explain this to me?!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Yeah I heard this. I remember somesaying. perhaps JBL saying thankyou Tony Soprano in relation to the storyline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

woooo232 wrote:
    Now my question is this, how in the hell was Vince getting blown up similar to that ending? i thought RTE had cut the transmission early before the big explosion or something and I had to go online to find out that is the actual ending... I`m very confused, maybe somebody could explain this to me?!!

It wasn't that they were similar, it was that Sopranos fans were all disappointed with such a low-key ending and then some people said that Vince made such a huge and dramatic exit that he must have been showing the Sopranos how to do things right

And in a strange coincidence, the radio station I'm listening to just started playing the song Tony plays on the jukebox at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I saw a video a few that was out soon after the Sopranos finale aired in the states. It was of Vince leaving the arena with that same song playing but the screen went black before he stepped into the limo. Luckily I was watching the Sopranos at the same rate as my American cousins so nothing was ruined for me.

It has to be said, the end of the Sopranos was much better than the end of Vince. People who call it a cop out just don't get the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Fozzy wrote:

And in a strange coincidence, the radio station I'm listening to just started playing the song Tony plays on the jukebox at the end

Ah journey... is there anything they cant do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i loved the ending, people who were expecting it to turn into world war 3 at the end dont get the show, you can look at it 2 ways:
    1. tony got whacked in front of his family as meadow was coming through the door, meadow tries to park 3 times,the first 2 unsuccessfully, tony has had 2 attempts on his life,3 was successful?

2. nothing happened,but mundane life could lead to him being killed,almost every character whos ever been killed in the series has been whacked while doing something normal,and just like big pussy was worried everyone was out to get him in season 2 now tony has to constantly watch his back wherever he goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

A clever ending. so many questions!!

Tony may return in the future:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Fozzy wrote:

It's really not that big a coincidence considering the song is getting very heavy rotation because it was the final song in the Sopranos, more airtime than anytime including when the song was originally released. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Tony is actually killed in that final scene. David Chase ( the writer) said all the clues were there to what the final scene means. That black screen is the viewer looking through tonys eyes. In the episode before hes talking to bobby about what its like when you get killed. "do you see it coming? No its just black"

Also the guy that goes to the bathroom is down as members only jacket guy in the credits. The last episode where tony gets shot was called members only. Also that same guy was in a earlier episode and he was down as Phil Leotardos nephew. How he goes to the bathroom also is taken from the godfather film I think.

Everyone thats shown in that diner scene had some connection with tony. Theres loads more info on how it all adds up to tony getting killed by that guy that goes to the bathroom. Really clever writing the way its done....of course it always leaves the door open should Chase ever decide to revisit one of the greatest shows ever created...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Do you have a source for that Chase interview, joe? I read somewhere last night that there were plans for a 3 part movie. I hope what you said is right because movies just aren't the way to go with a great show like the Soprano's. They would be moving in on Lost territory with the movies! Lost being a good show, not a great show.

Advertisement