Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you want a good laugh ...

Options
2»

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

blow69 wrote:
    Stalk much?

Nah. I was cheesed off because it wasn't profitable enough. Took ages and ages to find that post though. I seemed to have to click at least twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Yea saw a lot of kids in their usual Halloween/Paddys Day "fancy dress" ie black bin liners, being passed off as genuine Harry Rotter outfits!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Fysh wrote:
    In fairness, it takes about 3 clicks or so to get to the list of threads started by any given poster. It's not exactly like he had to hire private detectives and have you shadowed for weeks.

Also, I find that this thread is sadly lacking in cheese content. I'd like someone to address this issue, please.

Yeah but why would you even bother to search previous posts. Prehaps to get one up on someone because they can't think up of a comeback???

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I think it's called contextualising or something. A bit liek when a politician says something and someone else rebuts his argument with "well..that's not what you said last week."

So someone else says "look at looosers getting het up about a book" and the rebuttal deals with the issue and then references a similar issue where the poster got upset over something that folk would consider trivial.

It's all part of discussion really. Hang around for another while and you'll see plenty of threads which ultimately cross-reference other posts or events. No thread is an Island as the great Internet Poet John Donne said.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Spending 8-10 hours sitting outside Eason's was lunacy. My friend simply strolled into Eason's at 12:10am and got his copy with no fecking about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement