Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor Network down - esp Dublin

• 20-07-2007 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I posted this on another thread but wanted to highlight it - Meteor is currently down across most of Dublin (13 sites) and some other parts of the country. They have no idea when it will be back :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I'm experiencing this too. Just got 3 messages all delayed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭me87_ie

Just like i thought :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

was wondering why it was taking himself so long to reply to my texts...now i know why!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I *think* it's back...though saying that I've probably just jinxed it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I can now make calls out but if I dial my mobile from my landline it won't connect - or even go to voicemail :mad:

Keep an eye on it, this happened earlier and it went again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

tests from several phones including land lines show meteor phones as unreachable in dublin.

crap.

I'm down in Kerry at the moment with the 'rents, no problem here. Though Vodafone went down last night for a while, was woken up to my phone beeping "No network coverage." (I tend to roam on Vodafone down these parts since the signal is more solid) A network search showed up Meteor but no Vodafone.

So even the big guys aren't immune!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

just confirmed i can make calls from meteor but can't get through to my meteor phone from vodafone moby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 m176244

Same problem in The Leixlip/Celbridge area hopefully it'll be back up soon although we can't get through to customer care because you have to dial the number from your phone so we can't even get an update from them.

You can dial the customer care number (1905) from a landline. I got through around 2pm. When it came back they asked me to cal back if it went again and I've been trying to get through for the last 2 hours :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 m176244

Ah I thought 1905 was only available to use on the meteor phones ( I tried with a landline but couldn't get through) Oh well back to Vodafone for a few hours.

I just wish when things like this happen they'd add a message on their websites even if they can't give an eta on a fix for the problem even just saying that their was a problem on their end and that they were working to resolve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

I can ring any other network but not meteor and cant send/receive calls or txt messages.. hope it comes back soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭flurby

Weird, this happened to o2 last friday. Watch out Vodafone & 3 next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

They just announced it on the radio news - they're working on the network, but there are major problems nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Just heard about it on the radio as well. Wonder what caused it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Just heard about it on the radio as well. Wonder what caused it?

The rain seems to be getting blamed for most things these days................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i got a bollocking off a customer earlier because he couldnt ring a meteor number,he just wouldnt let it sink in that the problem was with meteor not with his phone, people would make you wonder sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Stick to the trusted Vodafone.. u pay for the quality service.!! :D:D but its worth it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Don't worry, dat fella Bruce from Die Hard will sort it :)

Just sent a txt to another Meteor fone in south city Dublin from northside, got one in return, maybe its backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

#Elites wrote:

it really shows how stranded you can get without your phone, i was in town with no signal and coudn't call my friend to find him, his phone was down to so coudn't call from a phone box!

I hope no one died.

• Advertisement

gurramok wrote:
    Don't worry, dat fella Bruce from Die Hard will sort it :)

Just sent a txt to another Meteor fone in south city Dublin from northside, got one in return, maybe its backup

think it is back up alright, I can now call my meteor moby from voda moby..

Looks like it's back for now, have made and received calls.

Anyone get any compensation from Meteor? When I spoke to customer services around 2 I asked what they were going to do, and by the end of the call the guy had joked his way up to 36 months free line rental. Don't want to get him into trouble and actually go looking for that but I certainly would expect a gesture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Henne220 wrote:
    Stick to the trusted Vodafone.. u pay for the quality service.!! :D:D but its worth it..
    I remembr voda going down one afternoon due to a fire in a basement exchange. It got lots of news coverage at the time and was unheard of.

Didn't someone post on here that Vodafone was down last night?

I've been with O2, Vodafone and Meteor and Meteor is the only contract renewed, generally their customer service is way way way superior to the others'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It down for about 4 hours. Hardly a major downtime. Only Meteor to Meteor calls/texts and calls to Meteor were affected. All working now.

have to disagree with that chris, 4 hours in the middle of a business day is a massive downtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the_manchine

I'm told their HLR went down - Oops!
    Bit of a biggie to have problems with.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

I just tried to top up my Meteor Pay As You Go and was told credit for Meteor hasn't been available since yesterday. Coincidence? Lazy bastards in the shop?

chrislad wrote:
    It down for about 4 hours. Hardly a major downtime. Only Meteor to Meteor calls/texts and calls to Meteor were affected. All working now.

No - Meteor customers could not use their phones at all bar emergency calls while the network was down. I could not make or receive any calls or send or receive any text messages to any network while the service was down. It was down for over 5 hours on a busy work day. Their customer service lines couldn't cope and customers couldn't get through. Hardly ideal for a phone company!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

athtrasna wrote:
    No - Meteor customers could not use their phones at all bar emergency calls while the network was down. I could not make or receive any calls or send or receive any text messages to any network while the service was down. It was down for over 5 hours on a busy work day. Their customer service lines couldn't cope and customers couldn't get through. Hardly ideal for a phone company!

Yes, they could. I'm on Meteor, and I could ring O2 and Vodafone with no issues. I had problems ringing Meteor and texting Meteor as well as landlines. Networks aren't perfect. People just get in a huff. Three were down for 2 full seperate days in the last 6 months. Parts of O2 were down for days in some parts of the country. It happens.

As for Meteor credit, that's more than likely lazy shop assistants or their machine isn't working. Meteor don't do credit, same as O2/Voda, and recently, Three. It's done through PostPoint, an An Post company or whatever they are. Meteor credit could be bought through all the downtime yesterday.

Advertisement